Thread: Seafarer victory vs x series?

Seafarer victory vs x series?

Hi all, I am starting to seriously look at a new Victory and want to know if any of you have been in either and whether there is a huge handling difference? Whilst I like the idea of extra weight would love to have some first hand experience

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Seafarer victory vs x series?

This would be a tough one as the X Series is available only through JV marine i think. However i went down to see it myself and unfortunately it wasnt available but the guy running the show, think his name is Mark has had experience across both boats. He might be able to give you some pointers.

From a visual point of view, I think the "classic" Victory looks better. But as for handling, can't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic Dave View Post
    This would be a tough one as the X Series is available only through JV marine i think. However i went down to see it myself and unfortunately it wasnt available but the guy running the show, think his name is Mark has had experience across both boats. He might be able to give you some pointers.

From a visual point of view, I think the "classic" Victory looks better. But as for handling, can't comment.
    Thanks Dave I spoke to jv on the weekend it seems they do not stock or sell the standard victory. Based on prices I think the standard victory is the way to go for me.

where are you from? i no of a new Super seeded 02 i think victory lindsy fry built boat

I sent an enquiry about the X-series to JV marine over 2 weeks ago. They must be flat out selling them as I havent heard boo yet!!

its funny how all the gee wiz fast technology in the world yet nobody reads their email in tray, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by bden View Post
    Thanks Dave I spoke to jv on the weekend it seems they do not stock or sell the standard victory. Based on prices I think the standard victory is the way to go for me.

Correct, but the guy selling the Victory has owned both. That's what I meant. I am sure he will be inclined to the X series, but least you can hear about the two versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancair View Post
    I sent an enquiry about the X-series to JV marine over 2 weeks ago. They must be flat out selling them as I havent heard boo yet!!
    I think this is pretty common with quite a few boat builders/sellers (at least exy ones).

Ive sent emails and even left a couple of phone messages for a couple of other boats had found it hard to get a response. I think they prob have so many tyre kickers and dreamers that they get complacent. One of them missed out on a significant sale in my case as I couldnt get a response and wasnt going to travel hundreds of kms without speaking to someone first.

Customer service should always be the priority even if it means dealing with many time wasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vromme View Post
    I think this is pretty common with quite a few boat builders/sellers (at least exy ones).

Ive sent emails and even left a couple of phone messages for a couple of other boats had found it hard to get a response. I think they prob have so many tyre kickers and dreamers that they get complacent. One of them missed out on a significant sale in my case as I couldnt get a response and wasnt going to travel hundreds of kms without speaking to someone first.

Customer service should always be the priority even if it means dealing with many time wasters.
    I'd make sure they hear that they missed out on a sale because they couldn't be bothered replying to you.

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Why bother giving them the heads up shakey, they reap what they sow, and besides they probably wouldn't believe it and just dismiss it as bs.

Nothing is more important than customer service, and if any business is not aware of this then what can you really say...

In my experience, the companies that are poor at service pre sale, are terrible at service post sale.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    In my experience, the companies that are poor at service pre sale, are terrible at service post sale.
    Yeah thats part of the reason I didnt persist. If you cant get a response as potential $ sales - it could be difficult to get one if a warranty or other issue happened.

I will contact the owner of the company once I have the new boat. Ill send him a photo of it with me as I had spoken to him personally once, then left a couple of messages after that, I do really like their product and want to see them succeed, I also know people with their boats are very happy with them. I just want to give him the heads up that it can be worth persisting with tyre kickers because among them are genuine buyers.

I would hate to be in that type of sales, I think you would have to deal with a plethora of people who will never buy a boat from you. Reality is most absolutely passionate boat builders are not necessarily good sales or business men. Main thing is their product is on point and they will support it in the long term.

Being a salesman is about dealing with potential customers. You have to treat every tyre kicker as a potential long term customer. Its about follow up, its about willingness to go the extra mile. My experience is very few can seriously call them selves professional salesmen. If all they are concerned with is a sale without the background work, good luck. A good salesman doesnt rely on luck. JV have a few good salesmen and a few who try to size you up. You have to play your own game, take opinions with a grain of salt. When they start bagging other products, I usually turn off instantly.

My experience is if they wont talk to you before they have your money ........ They certain wont listen after they have your money.

I can usually tell if i'll spend my hard earned in a place after the first 10 mins of conversation.

BigE

Having been in the industry I can see why salesman crack the shits ( Try talking to a punter for an hour and a half about a full Navnet system at a boat show to be told at the end - "If I buy a boat one day, I'll have a think about one of these" ) but unfortunately it comes with the territory. The other reason is they get the shits (as I did) with phone and internet inquiries and quote requests, spending potentially hours doing up specifications and quotes, only to find out when you do the follow up - you were never going to get the sale - the punter simply wanted to check on the composition of a package or use you as price leverage against his preferred or local supplier. When you have had this happen with a particular demographic of inquiry enough, you do tend to dismiss them - time is valuable. Sure it may cost the odd sale but the time spent on other things can often more than compensate for it. Sometimes you as the client have to make a bit of an effort as well to show a salesman that you are indeed a serious potential client rather than instantly throw the toys out of the cot and possibly miss out on what may well be the best package or price. That said though - provided I have actually talked to a salesman and specifically indicated interest, if I don't receive communication or service - I do walk away.