Thread: Missus just beat my PB Fingermark

Missus just beat my PB Fingermark

Fingermark and Nannagai everywhere in the Gulf. Some really good size ones amongst them. My PB to date was 75cm and this fella went 80cm. Berkley squid vicious the plastic of choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Missus just beat my PB Fingermark

Cracker catch!

the fish ain't bad either!
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Great effort well done.

Ausfish Silver Member

bad news is u cant brag about your missus beating ur pb.. good news is you got a missus as passionate about fishing to go out with u...
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

I think you need to explain to your missus the integral role the skipper plays in their passengers catching good fish. The boat has to be prepped right, batteries charged, sounder tuned, anchor dropped in exactly the right spot allowing for current and windage, or the drift set up over the good ground with the same considerations, the correct plastics presented on the correct hook size and correct jig head weight, suitable silent prayers to the fishing gods, the list go's on. If they don't catch fish, well then none of that matters and it purely their lack of skill and absolutely no fault of the man at the helm....None!! But it does not look like you are having a quantity problem at the moment, just can't catch one bigger than the missus!

Terry...

Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    I think you need to explain to your missus the integral role the skipper plays in their passengers catching good fish. The boat has to be prepped right, batteries charged, sounder tuned, anchor dropped in exactly the right spot allowing for current and windage, or the drift set up over the good ground with the same considerations, the correct plastics presented on the correct hook size and correct jig head weight, suitable silent prayers to the fishing gods, the list go's on. If they don't catch fish, well then none of that matters and it purely their lack of skill and absolutely no fault of the man at the helm....None!! But it does not look like you are having a quantity problem at the moment, just can't catch one bigger than the missus!

Terry...
    Hahahaha she knows she would be lost without me.

Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post

Terry...
    Hahahaha she knows she would be lost without me.

Hahaha she's knows she would
    Be lost without me. She is a quick learner and fighting them really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

My missus would have made me let it go but the chances of us catching something like that on our days out are minimal anyway.