Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cycone mumblings

Re: Cycone mumblings

Takes a special sort of F#wit to keep backing up. 15% of normal if you really need to know. I know we are not supposed to feed the trolls but it always makes me wonder what is the possible motivation for wanting to be continually being called out as a D#head? I guess while idiots like me keep biting, trolls will keep laying out the bait so maybe the sooner this thread is shut down by the mods, the better. I have been an "ausfisher" sometimes a lot, and sometimes not, for many years and never knew we had trolls. Sign of the times I guess.

You never knew there were trolls here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Never been on a thread with one.

1. Amazing how those in denial want to rabble on about trolls and everything else to try and take the spotlight off their own misunderstandings, however in this case I am very sure kc knows all about the Daydream arrogance and attitude as if he doesn't then he doesn't know everything about anything with the islands. You know exactly what went on don't you kc Since this was an event from the 25/3 then it's all behind some (they wish) but hopefully some formal complaints have now been made.

2. The underling issue in all of this was islands continuing to take in guests at the 13th hour in the light of a pending storm when there should have been minimal/skeleton staff on the island and minimal guests, in some ways guests should not have had any option but if guests were not given all the information (and they certainly were not) then that is simply nothing more than poor inexperienced $$ driven management. While the ports and maritime traffic were being shutdown, islands were still landing guests who were not told of the closures until after the event, that stinks.

3. There can be hundreds of good news stories but the press will always run with the 1 bad story, some just don't get it.

4. This now sees the end of my mumblings on this matter, the point has been made.

PS Just noticed APM have "lost" their document link re cyclone "safe haven", must be a technical issue?

Once again Satnav,
    Why aren't we blaming the individual tourists staying on the island?
    Why blame management at all?
    Everyone likes to blame everyone except themselves these days.

Maybe you were one of the drongo's that tried holiday making there during an impending cyclone?...

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

talk about a bitchfest FFS
    what a sad sad AB

Wasn't going to get into this, because except sometime around 1970 when I was up there during a Cyclone, I don't have a lot of personal experience, but, let's look at this from a different perspective. How do you "measure" the worst Cyclone ever? The strongest wind recorded? pretty easy with weather instruments. The most rain? also easy. The most (dollar wise) damage? not quite as easy, and can change as years go by. The most deaths recorded? I hate to think about that, but it seems to be news headlines all the time. So, from all that, the "worst" is pretty easy to pick, all that said, a Cyclone (or any weather event for that matter) that is much smaller/less intense can do a lot more damage then the biggest one on record, unless you're actually there, or involved in the aftermath, sitting safe and sound a thousand kilometres away means you can just speculate and see what the media wants you to see, but, in this instance, "we" had a real time account (by KC) who was there, I don't see any reason to doubt, berate, down play anything that has been said or reported! Whether the authorities acted properly or not is not up to us to decide, it's their job to do their best, and in the main, they do.

link to info please what was your source for this claim

2. The underling issue in all of this was islands continuing to take in guests at the 13th hour in the light of a pending storm when there should have been minimal/skeleton staff on the island and minimal guests, in some ways guests should not have had any option but if guests were not given all the information (and they certainly were not) then that is simply nothing more than poor inexperienced $$ driven management. While the ports and maritime traffic were being shutdown, islands were still landing guests who were not told of the closures until after the event, that stinks.

No, we are not just 'moving on' from Daydream. 'Deflecting' is a tactic which I can spot a mile away.
    Im still waiting for an answer on "what do you think SHOULD have happened at the resorts" but I guess I will be waiting a while.....

While we are waiting, we can play a fun game to keep us amused.

Q- What do you call a person who has a total lack of empathy for victims?

A- a sociopath
    B- a psycopath
    C- a schizophrenic
    D- an internet troll

Ok , I will give you a hint. Theres a real answer, and its not D.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

Cycone mumblings

A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sorry KC I couldn't help myself
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......