Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water in hull. Help

Re: Water in hull. Help

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Crunchy... I followed your advice. However how do i flip my boat over again?
    No point mate, its now ruined, but at least you found the leak right!

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Crunchy... I followed your advice. However how do i flip my boat over again?

It's easy to flip the boat back. Just get someone strong to hold the prop, turn the motor on put it in gear it will flip.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Hey mate,

It's coming in from the engine wiring boot. I had this problem on my Venus. Do you have a bait tank at the back? Especially when you have your bait tank full, you would get more water coming in through that wiring boot. Go out on the river with no waves and you will probably find hardly any water. Fish a bit further out and you will start to get water in.

On the Victory the wiring boot is a bit higher so I don't have that as a major problem, but it still happens.

Doesnt that only account for the centre bungs draining?
    The bouyancy chambers should still be dry.
    leaky deck wash, waves splashing on gunwahles, open rod holders etc. But all these go to the bilge.

what about floating the boat and leave it sit tied up on a pontoon for a while. if it still fills up, you know the problem is below the waterline!

Sorry Shakey I completely missed the part where you said it was coming from the outside bungs, that changes everything as it's pretty hard to look for the leak inside the buoyancy chambers.

I guess the obvious thing is to remove the 2 bung fittings & reseal then check/replace the nylon washers, tighten & test.

Don't try & seal any raw wood inside the bung holes as this will mask any water that's getting into the transom core from another penetration.

Nooooooo really...

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Nooooooo really...
    So all 4 bungs/ housings are leaking?
    Really?

If they are not leaky, what chance of damaging gel coat removing tightly adhering housing/291 ?

None i would have thought

From Shakey's first post he's only getting water from the outside bungs that come from the air chambers tenzing.

I'm blaming scottar for asking which bungs were leaking, he set the tone that everyone else seemed to follow aside from crunchy who was onto it from the start.

Why not. It's always my fault in our house. I did ask for clarification because in the picture there were 3 bungs on the "outside" of the boat. Damn English language.......

Excuse the sarcasim! Its all i got these days....

I missed the side bungs information!

Ok this has also happened to me and at first I was worried but then I realised even though I tightened the bungs, the ring around the bung was cracked and caused the water to come in. Replaced the bungs - no water. Also happens if you don't tighten them properly - obviously... but sometimes you don't realise they aren't on tight while a mate is talking in your ear as you prepare your boat bragging about the fish he is going to land.

I had a similar problem, couldn't find where it was getting in. I replaced my motor a few months ago and have not had a leak since, it was getting in through the engine mounting bolts.
    Cheers
    Seawind

Ol Finga used a air injection into the hull method, then made a spray bottle containing detergent and spray likely leak areas looking for bubbles. This is providing the floor is sealed from the bottom of the hull and you can get pressure build up in the hull. He had a modified bung with a pipe driven through it, then connected a compressor to the pipe. If no compressor, I have a vacuum cleaner I can connect the hose to the exhaust end and use it as a blower, have someone walk around with the detergent bottle while you ram as much air into a bung hole as possible. Might work? Good luck.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Ausfish mobile app