Thread: Queenies of the beach at Mornington Island

Queenies of the beach at Mornington Island

Awesome to be able to head out for a bit of stress relief in a weekday arvo. The larger Queenies have moved in close due to solid bait numbers. 40g slugs the go but ultimate goal is to tag one with a spear. Can't walk out due to stinger risk ATM . Crocs are pretty active this time of year too. 32deg with 100% humidity so 48.2deg relative temp. You almost chock on the moisture in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Queenies of the beach at Mornington Island

Awesome, mate. Love the weather up there. Do you mean box jelly risk, or Irukandji? And spear, do you mean throwing from above with a hand spear, or actually immersed in the water? If from above, longs and shoes should make it right. Crocs are a different risk, though, so maybe not ha. Keep them coming, mate.

Cuzza

Blog Entries

that's GOT TO BE A WHOLE LOAD OF FUN OFF THE BEACH !!! HALF YER LUCK .

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    Awesome, mate. Love the weather up there. Do you mean box jelly risk, or Irukandji? And spear, do you mean throwing from above with a hand spear, or actually immersed in the water? If from above, longs and shoes should make it right. Crocs are a different risk, though, so maybe not ha. Keep them coming, mate.

Cuzza
    Yes to the box and Irukandji however the water is cooling down a bit. Above water hand spear. I work at the school so I take kids out all the time spearing fish. Got to work on my aim a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app