Thread: Yepoon to Stanage - 14/4 to 5/5 2017

Yepoon to Stanage - 14/4 to 5/5 2017

Afternoon all.

Hope everyone is doing ok after the Debbie incident.

3-4 of us are heading north this month, fishing Bundy for a few days but then planning on heading up to Yepoon and hopefully Stanage if the road permits.

I have had some luck out off Bundy (Hit & Miss), never fished Yepoon or Stanage

Were taking the 585SF & a 4m tinny, so we should have plenty of fishing options. Will be taking the pots to try and get a few of the legendary Stanage bay muddies, hoping to catch some barra on lures and get outside and into some reefies.

Plan on staying at one of Vons cabins for a few nights, but we are also keen to do some camping between Bundy and Stanage, any ideas would be much appreciated.

Would love to hear your thoughts, stories (Good & Bad), tips and of course any pointers into the right direction we should be fishing...
    ...A bad days fishing is always better than a good days working...

Re: Yepoon to Stanage - 14/4 to 5/5 2017

We're leaving for stanage next Friday arvo, hoping to be accessible will be up there for 8 nights leave good Sunday.

From reports road should just be ok by next Friday we have been told, it will be a slow trip in though they have said! With big pot holes etc everywhere, So expect to take around 3 hours to get it in as they will obviously not grade the road from now until a while due to the floods most likely as probably don't have the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    We're leaving for stanage next Friday arvo, hoping to be accessible will be up there for 8 nights leave good Sunday.

From reports road should just be ok by next Friday we have been told, it will be a slow trip in though they have said! With big pot holes etc everywhere, So expect to take around 3 hours to get it in as they will obviously not grade the road from now until a while due to the floods most likely as probably don't have the staff.

Don't hold your breath that the road will be graded this week mate.
    If it does get graded it will only be to the Grey route entry.
    Three hours is a quick trip with bad post flood roads there, have taken 5 hours a few times before.
    Jack.

I said it won't be graded

560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"