Thread: Northern Bay and Tangalooma

Northern Bay and Tangalooma

Took advantage of the weather again for a day and went across to Tangalooma for a swim and snorkel. Was a very flat day until the trip back to Scarborough, 15 knot northerly makes it a bit wet and bumpy, at least wind and tide were going in the same direction.
    Had a quick fish on the way there. Kept a nice Black Spot Estuary Cod for dinner and a few small mackeral just over and undersized were thrown back along with Moses perch and a few others. Was quite a few mackeral and small longtails busting up but didnt bother chasing them around as I get more longtails floating livebaits out and drifting through schools of bait but alas none today. Also had a quick drift along the sandhill weedbanks and got 1 nice squid but not enough to keep us interested.
    Snorkelling around the wrecks always amazes me and there is always something to see.

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Re: Northern Bay and Tangalooma

Thanks for the report.

It was beautiful out yesterday. I managed to land a 10kg longtail and a 70cm schoolie. Hooked perhaps 5 more longtails (or other big things) but lost them for various reasons.

Re: Northern Bay and Tangalooma

I was out there Sunday morning also, bit south of Tangalooma and landed a few nice schoolies on pilchards and lures. Plenty of small schools of tuna around. Mostly mack tuna but a few longtails also.