Thread: Garmin Striker 7sv

Garmin Striker 7sv

Hey all I'm looking for guys that own and use one. I'm looking at purchasing one soon and would love to get your feed back in them.
    I will mainly be using it in creeks and dams.
    Fly fishing lure fishing and live baiting.
    Any feedback would be great.
    Cheers.

Re: Garmin Striker 7sv

7SV is a dependable little power house

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

I can't hear it. There's no sound !!??

Same here moose ,no noise ... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

oh youtube may of dissable audio for the music playing on the radio at the time.. sad face

basically i go on to explain that with the GT52HW Transducer. it performs rather well.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Hi Martib ,I've got the sv 7 . I have not had it for long and have only used it a couple of times but so far I am very happy with it, nice clear picture, reads fine at speed and easy to install. I have not used the gps as yet , you must remember it is not a mapping system but if you are only going in dams that's ok. I have not yet mastered the sideview but with the help of Youtube and a bit more experience I should sort that out. My only concern with the unit is that the wiring plugs at the back are a bit delicate and fragile and as with most electronics these days you don't get a proper manual to study but have to go and get your information of the computer which I find frustrating at times.The transducer is also very long so make sure you take care when launching and retrieving etc.All in all I think you will be very happy with this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsytwoshoes View Post
    Hi Martib ,I've got the sv 7 . I have not had it for long and have only used it a couple of times but so far I am very happy with it, nice clear picture, reads fine at speed and easy to install. I have not used the gps as yet , you must remember it is not a mapping system but if you are only going in dams that's ok. I have not yet mastered the sideview but with the help of Youtube and a bit more experience I should sort that out. My only concern with the unit is that the wiring plugs at the back are a bit delicate and fragile and as with most electronics these days you don't get a proper manual to study but have to go and get your information of the computer which I find frustrating at times.The transducer is also very long so make sure you take care when launching and retrieving etc.All in all I think you will be very happy with this unit.
    Cheers mate

had one on my last boat very handy unit , had the side view and down view GPS combo - loved the quickdraw function really open my eyes after mapping some of my fav spots.

BigE