Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lowrance HDS Gen 3 3D Structure Scan problems

Lowrance HDS Gen 3 3D Structure Scan problems

Hi all,

I recently installed a Lowrance HDS 9 gen 3 with 3D structure scan and it will not work. Transducer 1 gets bottom lock instantly but Transducer 2 constantly blinks and will not find bottom - Lowrance have been helpful sending me a new transducer which made no difference and then a new 3D structure scan processor unit which I installed today and took for a test. Exactly the same thing transducer 2 will not find bottom rendering the 3D structure scan useless.

i have searched online and found a few others have the same problem but nobody has said they have solved the problem. Has anyone here solved this?

Grateful for any advice and help

thanks

Re: Lowrance HDS Gen 3 3D Structure Scan problems

Not an answer sorry but with 2 transducers, can you individually configure each transducer type in the settings ? I.e. One Structurescan transducer and one HDI83/200.
    Or does the 3D use two of the same Structurescan ?

Jamie

How far apart are the transducers mounted?

They are on opposite sides of the boat and the side that works correctly is the side that has the motor in the way so it is not the motor blocking the signal.

in answer to the previous question the selection of the 3D transducer is automatic - you only select the normal transducer.

thanks

Could it be the transducers are too far apart ? I've read that with 2 transducers they should be no more than 30cm apart, so the 2 signals are in sync ?

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by 552Evo View Post
    Could it be the transducers are too far apart ? I've read that with 2 transducers they should be no more than 30cm apart, so the 2 signals are in sync ?

Jamie
    that is so that they overlay accurately, shouldn't stop it finding bottom.

Have you got the head unit settings right for the transducer? It will self detect the structurescan transducer but you do have to tell it which down transducer you are using.

Might be worth checking as some transducers are in the settings under their letter designation not just the generic 83/200 etc.

See here:

dumb question, have you updated the software on the HDS9? it should just have a little button on the side of the SS screen with "3d" that you press to go into 3d mode or not.

thats usually the cause of most peoples problems for not getting it to work.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Thanks for all the replies everyone - the display unit is correctly configured it is clear (to me at least) that the 3D structure scan has some issues which fingers crossed Lowrance sort out quickly otherwise I will be returning the unit for a refund

Can I ask how this ended up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Can I ask how this ended up?
    No change yet - there is a new software update available so will try that if not it's going back for a refund

Thanks, I am watching with interest as I have purchased exact same but haven't installed yet as we await our new boat delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post
    Thanks, I am watching with interest as I have purchased exact same but haven't installed yet as we await our new boat delivery.
    the latest software update fixed the issue and it works fine now. Lowrance tech support not particularly helpful though

Quote Originally Posted by snakecatcher View Post
    the latest software update fixed the issue and it works fine now. Lowrance tech support not particularly helpful though
    hi so can i ask your honest opinion of the 3d ? worth having or bit of a gimmick ? - i have both a hds 9 gen 3 and a hds7 T gen2 but haven't gone to the 3d ss just yet as was more interested in having the chirp capability - and of course 3d aint real cheap as a add on

cheers rob

I would like to know what any differences there are between 3D ss in the Axiom vs lowrance vs Garmin.
    2D ss was ok, but lets face it , we are not hardwired to read side ways