Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Re: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Not sure about the road in and out but I bet the crabbing will be good if you get there!! After Uilu and Yasi went through here we had a barra/crabbing season beyond belief. Within 600 meters of the main marina I had one lift of 4 pots with 47 legal bucks. Now THAT was the upside of a good cyclone/dump of rain, plus we were having 50 barra sessions within eye sight of Airlie.

Now that sounds awesome, straight after the cyclone or?

I'm hoping to still get in but you just never know will know more in the next few days my fingers are crossed! As I don't want to have to cancel!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Hi Skusto,
    Had a mate come back from Stanage last week. He had to wait 4 days before he could get out due to water ove the road. Not sure exactly where it was along the road. Can't imagine this will help the situation there at the moment though.
    Hope you can get up there and get some hot action like kc mentioned.
    Also, thanks for the constant updates kc, good to follow along with some accurate reporting!

Still solid on an off rain at about 25 ml and hour. Wind steadily increasing to be at 85ks with gusts to 110 so certainly freshening up. Still have power and the weather radar shows a more westward movement in the last couple of hours straight in towards Bowen/Monties/Airlie. For some reason, maybe geographic, the Whitsunday islands are a bit of a magnet and have sucked quite a few in over the years. This bugger is right "in the slot". Still hoping it will drift a bit further south. When Uilu smashed us in 2010 I said it was a bit like skydiving. Kind of exciting, a bit scary, really glad I did it, but never wanted to do it again. Well I have only been skydiving once but this may be the second direct hit in just the last 7 years.

Bom has now moved to hourly updates, which means it's getting close, and serious. Next official at 4pm.

Just saw on Sydney news that the tidal surge will coincide with one of the biggest tides of the year.

Yep, Typical fake News. It is a 3.75. Not even close to the 4.2's which are the biggest tides of the year.

Just been down to check on my business premises and Je..sus. . It has certainly ramped up. If this bugger is still 12 hours out it is going to be a long night. Rain is in the 50 plus ml an hour range, wind 60 knots with guts and a few trees and branches starting to come down. Lights have fickered a few times but expect to lose power soon. Genny all ready to go. Will run the fridge, the Tv and computer.

Stay safe KC....... Yep, I've been through a couple when I lived in Townsville. Also lived in Brisvegas during the 1974 issues... ( water only reached the gutters on our house )

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

If it reaches the gutter on my house we are in for a world of pain.....in consideration of the fact I live on top of a hill =)

Radar still giving the best real time data. Moving almost due west, with maybe a slight drift to the south. Not a real big bugger but it has certainly intensified over the day. In for a "fun" night. Would not like to be at Monties.

This is all we gettin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Platinum Member

Our house at Seaforth has been 'wrapped' up. Figuring it might be close to the line of fire, luckily we've got a good mate in it looking after it.

Hope it all goes well up there, we're down in enemy territory now (Cooma, NSW).

Sent from my SM-T810 using Ausfish mobile app
    Cheers
    Corry

Even though it is miles away from us, in a week or two, we will get big seas and a lot of rain, the low depression just kind of drifts down south a lot further than they used to...

A bit of "news". The cyclone is now appearing live on Google earth. Just amazing how quickly technology has developed. It is , as at the 5pm advice, 215 ks from airlie Beach and tracking pretty much straight at us.