Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Re: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Kc,

I'm guessing you own Kc bar and grill? I'm heading up in June for a week and I'll make sure I visit your bar. Soon it'll be time for the visitors to return. That's the best way for everyone outside to help with the rebuild.

I know you will be busy right now but I hope the businesses, House and boat come through relatively unscathed. I have friends in town with varying levels of depth right now. Wish you well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. KC is certainly not the issue, he has his opinions like everybody else but lets not turn this into total beat up

2. Towns, resorts, loss of infrastructure, businesses hit by cyclones, you name it's happened before and in most ways no different what occurred at Airlie so lets not over hype this

3. Emerald had 11.8mm on Tuesday & 48.2mm on Wednesday, nothing more than maybe a bit of very minor flash flooding in Emerald terms, would have been gone before leaving the 19th, maybe too much time spent in the 19th

4. So can we leave the hype to the reporters, we don't need any more rubbish like Marcia being a category 5, facts without the fiction please.

5 But at least some may be starting to realize Debbie in cyclone terms was not all that she was made out to be, sure the place got beat up, nothing different to previous beat ups, the people will respond, rebuild, those that can't handle it may leave, go to somewhere like Tasmania

6 Look at Mackay which has been impacted by over 70 recorded cyclones during its brief history including some of the worst on record and look at Mackay today, in comparative terms when Mackay was annihilated in 1918, Airlie should really be counting itself lucky, building codes and all the other excuses don't separate the end results

Quote Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
    1. KC is certainly not the issue, he has his opinions like everybody else but lets not turn this into total beat up

2. Towns, resorts, loss of infrastructure, businesses hit by cyclones, you name it's happened before and in most ways no different what occurred at Airlie so lets not over hype this

3. Emerald had 11.8mm on Tuesday & 48.2mm on Wednesday, nothing more than maybe a bit of very minor flash flooding in Emerald terms, would have been gone before leaving the 19th, maybe too much time spent in the 19th

4. So can we leave the hype to the reporters, we don't need any more rubbish like Marcia being a category 5, facts without the fiction please.

5 But at least some may be starting to realize Debbie in cyclone terms was not all that she was made out to be, sure the place got beat up, nothing different to previous beat ups, the people will respond, rebuild, those that can't handle it may leave, go to somewhere like Tasmania

6 Look at Mackay which has been impacted by over 70 recorded cyclones during its brief history including some of the worst on record and look at Mackay today, in comparative terms when Mackay was annihilated in 1918, Airlie should really be counting itself lucky, building codes and all the other excuses don't separate the end results
    1 what is up your a$$
    2 you really have NO idea
    3 fishnet or ausfish you always cause disagreement
    4 PING OFF
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

1. Adding some balanced discussion to all the perceived doom and gloom

2. Cheer up it could have been a whole lot worse, much worse,

3. Please talk about ideas if you wish it may help some better understand, you ask, I will try to answer, if I don't know I will at least say so.

Where abouts do you live Satnav?

I'm guessing by your "balanced" discussions that you were near there during the cyclone and near emerald as well?

Where is all your "well educated knowledge" coming from or is it just your "opinion"

Cause as we all know you might try to understand or think you understand how bad it is but unless you actually go through one you will never really actually know.

Posting like it's nothing that big or who cares they will rebuild is pretty poor form, just because you don't get directly affected doesn't mean you can virtually tell others to toughen up it's ok.

Its not you that has to rebuild, find money for insurance, have no car cause it's flooded, wait 12 months just to move back home because insurance companies are so busy. Get denied insurance because as we all know they try for one reason or another.

How about you just go by the old saying if you got nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all!

But then again I suppose you can't do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Satnav, Thanks for ruining this kc's blog and shutting down kc, NOT
    cheers
    Rod

1. Yes Shusto been thru all that stuff, how about you, is there anything else

2. KC can speak for himself CC if and when he really wants to, assuming the digital comms are still up which from all indications they are which is a good start. This is one big problem with today's society and expectations is the over reliance on smart systems and the supporting infrastructure that is the first to typically fail in these types of situations, NBN is absolutely useless without power as there is no backup. As long as Telstra haven't got a truck down the street handing out boxes of Touch 2000's then all good

3. Abusive attitudes coming from some of you don't help anybody what so ever so yes if you don't have anything constructive to say don't say anything, Everybody doesn't have to agree but then that doesn't make it a disagreement as some would like it to be .

1. I thing I definitely agree with and that is the media, absolute waste of space and there's only so much inept "reporting" I can handle at any one time. It is truly amazing how the media can take the worst damaged house in a town and shoot it from 36 different angles and turn every cross into a new disaster

Dear SatNav,
    Due to your attitude aimed at KC, and I don't even know the bloke, I have put you on my ignore list.
    The comments aimed at a person who tried to keep people up to date with the cyclone was appaling at the least, you should hang your head
    in shame. End of story. Remember,,, WHAT GOES ROUND, COMES ROUND.

Gary.

The reporting by the media was indeed self serviing but it is blatantly obvious many people in that part of Qld have been badly hurt, one way or another, by this event and by diminishing it you are just making a complete cock of yourself, but nothing new there I guess.

Appreciate the commentary KC, it gave us a bit of an insight as to what it must have been like, we could feel through your posts the increasing emotional trauma...hope eveything gets back to "normal" as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SatNav View Post

1. Please edit above points to have the dots "." after line numbers
    Very irritating without them

2. This bullet point created so the one above wouldn't feel lonely.

Sorry this developed into sh!t fight. Was just supposed to be a real time "lived experience" description of what i thought would be a pretty fair blow. It was not. I am not going to get into a slanging match, but, sufice to say......in time...point to the scoreboard. I am sure bigger cyclones have hit australia...i am also absolutely sure a more expensive cyclone will never have hit australia. Shute harbour is boat puree. Whitsunday rent a yacht has 45 boats, they now have 2. The damage on hamilton, daydream and hayman..just wow. The business interuption insurance will be 100,s of millions...and now, i am told, becuase we don't have tv , it is flooding ares to the south. Yasi hit cardwell with maybe the same or more force than debbie. It did however not last close to 24 hours, nor was it followed by a flash flood the next night. Difference was also it hit a town with a GPP in the low millions a year. This one hit a town with a GPP in the billions. It is the boats, infrastructure and BI insurance claims which will be monsters, not damage to buildings, and now, as i understand it, it will be continuing damage this cycolne/system is causing down south.

Thanks for your effort KC I applaud your effort.
    Hope you come out shining.

Gary

Yeh mate it's not a shit fight at all, it just takes one numb nut heh.

I have a peace offerring. First. No. Not kc's...and that, in itself, is a story. Fish d'vine and the rum bar, and d'vine catering and events. Look it up =)

SO...a 10 year old commadore and 12 year old subaru wagon have a head on crash at 100 ks...at the Same me time a new rolls and a bmw 7 series have a head on at 80 ks. Which is the worse accident? The re is no right answer and old mate, saying bigger cyclones have hit us is right, but only to degrees.

Both are bad accidents one might kill people. 1 , with better cars problely won't, but which , subjective, is worse. I sa w Yasi, larry ans uilu first hand. Yasi was a stonger cyclone. Was it worse. No....in compassion it doesn't even rate"'