Thread: Nudge ramp and inlet

Nudge ramp and inlet

Hi all just a quick one I have a 6.2m fibre glass boat would I be able to launch and retrieve it from the nudge boat ramp at low tide and get in and out at the entrance
    cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Nudge ramp and inlet

It's my local ramp, if ETD or ETR is around low tide I drive the extra 40 mins to scarby.

Dam but I understand I'll just leave from Wynnum thanks for the local knowledge crunchy

checked tide heights to hopefully be able to say should be OK, but no lows are too low. The ramp & river are OK, its the entrance where you will likely shine up the skeg.

I noticed they had finally moved the leads when i was out there a couple of months ago.

There was about 40-50cm of water on dead low when we went through the day after Australia day.

Maybe we should all be practicing for the 1770 entrance 😂
    Before we go there.....

JSMfun

Don't go out through the entrance 2 hours either side of low tide. I did about 3 weeks ago and was a very unnerving experience. It was breaking right the way across and so had to slow down lift the motor and got smashed. Thought I wasn't going to make it there at one stage getting pushed sideways. There was an out going tide mixed with a 25knot Northerly. Was actually like a proper bar crossing.