Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White spot news flash

Re: White spot news flash

Quote Originally Posted by Billy C View Post
    So are you allowed to crab in the southern parts of Moreton bay?
    Yes but until you have cooked anything you have caught, you can't leave the restricted movement zone as per their map

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Nothing to do with Government employees, blame your elected politicians whom allow the imports in the name of free trade.
    There let the infected prawns out of quarantine when they knew they were infected Feral.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    There let the infected prawns out of quarantine when they knew they were infected Feral.
    When did this happen Chris? I haven't read that before
    ~~~><))))*>

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    When did this happen Chris? I haven't read that before
    I haven't either, and if true, definitely serious.

Not sure they were checking - That is why one importer was prosecuted I think. The way it was supposed to work was all shipments were supposed to be submitted for testing. Old mate was apparently sending good shipments for testing and sending dodgy ones for "human consumption".

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/b...82aa3c00f9d9f6

Regardless, I find it hard to believe that a government employee in this day and age would go "off checklist". I suspect any quarantine type employees would be adhering to the regs put in place by government - not letting product through off their own back.

It was in the papers when this first came to light about it in the prawn farms, bio security qld have known about this since 2009 when it was first detected in a shipment of peeled prawns.