Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/...blitz/3154623/

wouldnt it it be nice if they put this much effort into catching the grubs that steal and vandalise property at the ramps!

Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

The copper will probably have the seatbelt fines overturned on him because there are clauses to the seatbelt rule which can negate it.
    I got off about 15 yrs ago due to the distance being 3 doors away and not reaching the speed limit.
    Jack.

Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

If you're a cop and you've given out a seatbelt fine whilst in any sort of car park, its time to retire you are not the sort of person that should be a cop.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Only time you dont have to wear tour seat belt is when reversing.
    Always wondered if you would get a ticket if you use a lightboard at a ramp. Because after launching boat, you have no lights until you put boat back on! Article didnt mention anything like that, so still uneducated on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Only time you dont have to wear tour seat belt is when reversing.
    Always wondered if you would get a ticket if you use a lightboard at a ramp. Because after launching boat, you have no lights until you put boat back on! Article didnt mention anything like that, so still uneducated on that front.
    I remember seeing an article not long ago in nsw that they were fining people for this, but not for just moving the trailer but because the light board was in the car while out fishing they fined them for not displaying rego plates.

It's just a low act in my books and Seams more like easy fines to give out to meet there budget..

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

I don't think they were specifically targeting seat belt use.

Ten people were arrested on drug driving, drink driving, unlicensed driving and public nuisance charges.
    Fisheries Inspectors were pleased with the attitude towards compliance with marine legislation.
    and this
    Vessels were found to be unrestrained on trailers, vehicle load and towing limits were exceeded and a lack maintenance on trailers were issues found, particularly with respect to trailer road-worthiness.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

I see lots of dangerous trailers and idiots using them , it's about time they got some of the crap of the roads . If you can't afford to have a maintained decent trailer then boating isn't the pass time for you , these are more than likely the same blokes who brake down on the water and expect everyone to come to there rescue . Saying it's a revenue raiser is dismissive of the Saftey of everyday road and water users IMO . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

What then article fails to elaborate on as well is how the people being fined reacted. It would not be beyond the realms of possibility that the seatbelt ticket was an "addition" for someone that responded poorly to an initial fine. Whilst I would imagine that it is a legal requirement, it is the sort of thing a police officer would normally turn a blind eye to under a common sense approach but when provoked it's a different story.

Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

Yes maybe...."The blue team always wins so keep your mouth shut" is a winning strategy. I've been let off with "advice" on many occasions as a motorcyclist but only in casual encounters. If this was an operation then there's spreadsheets and OT to consider. Like everyone they have bosses and budgets so they probably went for broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Skusto View Post
    I remember seeing an article not long ago in nsw that they were fining people for this, but not for just moving the trailer but because the light board was in the car while out fishing they fined them for not displaying rego plates.

It's just a low act in my books and Seams more like easy fines to give out to meet there budget..

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    given they allow their use, that definitely is a low act.

I'm just gobsmacked that they didn't crack down on those darstadly dangerous non-rated shackles, and uncovered boats with stuff on the floor.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    What then article fails to elaborate on as well is how the people being fined reacted. It would not be beyond the realms of possibility that the seatbelt ticket was an "addition" for someone that responded poorly to an initial fine. Whilst I would imagine that it is a legal requirement, it is the sort of thing a police officer would normally turn a blind eye to under a common sense approach but when provoked it's a different story.
    Police were specifically targeting seat belts at Scarborough a few years back, it was rediculous, they were pinging people as soon as they drove up the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Police were specifically targeting seat belts at Scarborough a few years back, it was rediculous, they were pinging people as soon as they drove up the ramp.
    Pretty poor form there and blatant revenue raising. Could possibly argue the safety aspect (and personally i would) if booked at the top of the ramp - even more so since a young fella drowned last year strapped into his car seat. We have to have our lifejackets at least unbuckled at work when in the wheelhouse for similar reasons.

Free Membership

I saw someone being fined for an "unsecured load" at the ramp because they left the bungs out and some water spilled onto the road. A bit like when the jacks started fining people for having unrated trailer shackles, then had to refund the money, because their was no law against it. Makes you wonder how they come up with this shit!