Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by WildFishExpeditions View Post
    I saw someone being fined for an "unsecured load" at the ramp because they left the bungs out and some water spilled onto the road. A bit like when the jacks started fining people for having unrated trailer shackles, then had to refund the money, because their was no law against it. Makes you wonder how they come up with this shit!
    I would most certainly be taking that to court and if the judge found me guilty I'd keep appealing until I was in front of a jury.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  2. #17

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

    I once saw a cop at our local ramp "talking" to people that didn't put their light boards on the trailer when going from the car park to the ramp to retrieve the boat, don't know if anyone actually got booked, or whether this guy was just being tough!

  3. #18

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    BTW - can someone post a link to the legislation about covering your boat while towing please? I've heard about it but can't find anything specific.

  4. #19

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    BTW - can someone post a link to the legislation about covering your boat while towing please? I've heard about it but can't find anything specific.
    There is no specific legislation, loads must be secured, as far as I'm concerned the sides of the boat do that.

  5. #20

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

    These guys were there 2 days in a row, on Sat a RBT team early morning at Short St ramp and police an fisheries at Military Jetty and Bells Creek Ramp both Sat and Sunday. From what I could see they were targeting obvious breaches and checking regos. One thing I found out was that it was a breach to arrive at the ramp with brake reverse lock in place, this meant the person drove without brakes on a trailer where they were fitted.
    I only wish they had blitz on the water around here, seen some dodgy boating practices.

  6. #21

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    There is no specific legislation, loads must be secured, as far as I'm concerned the sides of the boat do that.
    Unfortunately the person killed several years ago by an esky bouncing out of the boat south of Townsville a few years back would disagree with you, this was the start of the so called blitz on boat covers.

  7. #22

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    How the hell would an esky bounce out of a boat on the smooth and well maintained Queen's highways?

  8. #23

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    How the hell would an esky bounce out of a boat on the smooth and well maintained Queen's highways?
    Apart from the roads influence ( Pot hole, what pot hole) if the esky is put in the boat with the lid not fastened down and facing the wrong way, the force generated when the lid eventually blows open could quite possibly remove the thing from the boat. I very nearly lost the lid off an Evakool in this manner.Luckily the transom caught it.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  9. #24
    Ausfish Bronze Member WildFishExpeditions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    South East VIC

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

    A blitz on boat covers....

    Next the police will be travelling around with a torque wrench to check your wheel studs, in case one of your wheels comes off and hits someone. "anything more than 5NM out of spec, is 6 demerit points and a $450 fine"

    How about the police give some on their budget to fisheries so they can catch more filth who take undersized fish, and over the bag limit.

  10. #25

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    How the hell would an esky bounce out of a boat on the smooth and well maintained Queen's highways?
    Are you sure you're driving on the same roads,,
    Just as a lot of boaties don't realise how much pressure water exerts and come to grief at 100 kph the wind and turbulence has far more effect on the contents of a boat than people realise and it takes very little effort once an item moves even slightly due to an irregularity in the road. I used to drive daily up the Bruce hoghway and the number of esky lids, buckets, milkcrates, a/c piping etc that littered the road was outstanding. There is less now which could be attributed to more people using netting but some of those items have come out of boats.
    .

  11. #26

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat boat at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by WildFishExpeditions View Post
    A blitz on boat covers....

    Next the police will be travelling around with a torque wrench to check your wheel studs, in case one of your wheels comes off and hits someone. "anything more than 5NM out of spec, is 6 demerit points and a $450 fine"

    How about the police give some on their budget to fisheries so they can catch more filth who take undersized fish, and over the bag limit.
    Unfortunately we only have ourselves to blame. It's the same with occupational health and safety - people keep doing stupid shit and cutting corners and get hurt or hurt others and then want to blame someone else. The result - the rest of us pay for it with stupid regulation that regardless of whether they agree or not, the enforcement agencies are obliged to enforce or they will potentially get themselves in the crap.
    "I soak the worms in rum. The fish love em and the worms die happy"
    "Alcohol is not the solution to your problems...................but then again, neither is milk"

  12. #27

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Unfortunately the person killed several years ago by an esky bouncing out of the boat south of Townsville a few years back would disagree with you, this was the start of the so called blitz on boat covers.
    What kind of boat? Small tinny? My argument would be if I can travel in 2M swells for hours with the boat being thrown around in all directions and the esky doesn't come out it sure is hell ain't gunna come out due to a pot hole! Only a roll over would cause it to come out and a cargo net not's gunna make a scrap of difference if that happnes. I would fight a fine n court on this basis....

  13. #28

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Ok so basically it is up to the Nazi on the day then and if I want to argue what constitues a "secured load", I'll need a lawyer. Excellent.

  14. #29

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPoMo View Post
    Ok so basically it is up to the Nazi on the day then and if I want to argue what constitues a "secured load", I'll need a lawyer. Excellent.
    If you have something that can be ejected from the vehicle in the event of an accident, it is deemed to be a non-secured load. Remember that an accident could involve the involuntary, inadvertent, inverting of a vehicle. So, the sides of a boat, ute or truck are not considered to be securing anything.
    Dale

    I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

  15. #30

    Re: Fined for not wearing seat belt at the ramp..... watch out

    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    If you have something that can be ejected from the vehicle in the event of an accident, it is deemed to be a non-secured load. Remember that an accident could involve the involuntary, inadvertent, inverting of a vehicle. So, the sides of a boat, ute or truck are not considered to be securing anything.
    Horse pucky


    • not be placed in a way that makes your vehicle unstable or unsafe
    • be secured so it won’t move in any way that makes your vehicle unstable or unsafe
    • be secured so it does not fall from your vehicle while driving—including driving consisting of emergency braking or turning suddenly
    • not project from your vehicle in a way that is likely to injure a person, obstruct the path of other drivers or pedestrians, or damage another vehicle or anything else
    • be restrained using an appropriate load restraint method.

    If you don’t restrain a load properly you might cause an accident, injury or death if:

    • objects fall from your vehicle on to other traffic or pedestrians
    • other drivers swerve to dodge items that are falling or have fallen from your vehicle
    • loads that have spilled onto the road cause other vehicles to skid and lose control
    • unsecured loads crash into your vehicle cabin during emergency braking
    • loads that shifts and contributes to your car becoming unstable or unsafe.

    Nothing in the rules about remaining secure if the vehicler rolls over, that would be near imossible

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us