Thread: Raymarine AXIOM plugs

Raymarine AXIOM plugs

Today us victorians were treated to some hands on time with some of the NEW Raymarine AXIOM system. as well as some run down info on the newer 2016 and 2017 products. Lots to cover. in this video i sit with Paul from Raymarine to have a look at the bum of this new beast. Enjoy

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Re: Raymarine AXIOM plugs

Will 2 units be needed for proper "insight" mapping? Have you had a play yet?

i've had another play up in Queensland last weekend. and there is a hole in our demo bait ready to receive one hopefully ...........in 2-ish weeks??? Which we will really go over with a fine tooth. ill have a come try day in melbourne for those in the hood.

as for 2 units needed for proper insight mapping.......??????

www.moosemarine.com.au

let me correct my question. from what i see , one unit is a gps and one is a sonar unit. To create my own contour maps, dont the two have to co- operate?
    or am i wrong in my assumptions?

the AXIOM range has a few choices. you can purchase just a GPS only version .........."for cruising vessels or if you plan on running an external sonar module".
    or you can purchase a standard sonar/gps version
    or a real3d sonar and gps version.

sonar charts live could work even with a standard GPS only unit so long as a NMEA2K depth transducer was in the nmea2k backbone. to create the sonar charts you really only need the system to receive depth info one way or another.

www.moosemarine.com.au

Do you have a price then on 3d sonar, gps and transducer for a 12". Cause the more i read and search, the more expensive its getting. Already i see over $4,000 in some places.
    Cause as I see it, its tech war from the manufacturs but pain in the wallet for us plebs.
    A combo that works for me would be a hds7 gen2 with carbon HDS9. but even here its price is skyrocketing.

the Axiom12RV with rv200 transducer and XL50 navionics aus map card is $4749, which is a high number sure.
    but to factor that in with a carbon, you would be looking at a Carbon HDS12, hstwsbl transducer "as a base" and a structure scan 3d module + navionics xl50, making it around $5500 give or take

however i will concur that the carob does come with the solarmax screen "higher res , but not as bright" and buttons. so if you added a RMK10 remote to the raymarine you would be around $5000

however for me i would go 2x 9" axioms. for around $4300 with everything for the benefit of 18" of screen and change.

www.moosemarine.com.au