Thread: Help please.

Help please.

Running out of ideas.
    Hopefully somebody may be able to help me.
    We have a 2001 Honda CRV 2lt petrol auto . In December it started with an intermittent problem of no starting.
    No problems with cranking.
    Battery is good. Starter motor is good.
    I have replaced the distributor with new one. plugs, leads, ECU with isolator?? and key, fuel return vacuum valve. The injectors have been out twice cleaned and checked. Fuel pump pressure ok.
    When it refuses to start it appears to be flooding. I can disconnect 1 injector and sometimes get it to start but blows black smoke (fuel). If it sits for approx 3 hours or overnight it will start.
    The auto elec has fitted the ECU and coded it, so I assume all should be ok.

If anybody has any clues to the problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help please.

Does it have an OBD port (from what I have read everything Honda post 1997 is supposed to but you know what they say about the internet) - might be worth getting a reader on it while faulty to see if it does throw any fault codes. May also show some data off sensors that might help??

Re: Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Does it have an OBD port (from what I have read everything Honda post 1997 is supposed to but you know what they say about the internet) - might be worth getting a reader on it while faulty to see if it does throw any fault codes. May also show some data off sensors that might help??
    Thanks Scottar. It does have an OBD. The car has spent about 6 weeks off and on in the last 3 months at the auto elecs and it hasn't thrown any wrong codes at all. I rang the Honda service dept today so will wait for them to ring back with some info hopefully.
    Cheers. Bob.