Classifieds

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: Bearing Buddies

  1. #16

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Water ingress from the rear seal is no fault of the bearing buddies. Do you just use oil in the durahub or grease pack and then oil top up as I've heard if you do have a leak once the oils gone its cooked but at least with grease its still lubed for a bit.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

  2. #17

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I won't go near bearing buddies for salt water use ever again. Every time I went to check the bearings water had always been in there from the marine seal at the back. Since going to Durahub more than 5 years ago I've been very impressed. I just recently changed my first set of bearings that I converted to Durahub over 5 up years ago and they are still like new......5 years and not a spec of rust!!!!
    Each to their own, I have never had problems with bearing buddies, the polycraft had them on the entire time I owned it and I never once changed the bearings. Trailer yachts had them in the hardstand which is the ultimate test and never had an issue.

    BTW, if your durahub seals had a leak at the back they would be farked also.


  3. #18

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Worth noting, that the genuine bearing buddies are the go. The chinese knock-off are rubbish,
    How can you tell the difference?

  4. #19

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Each to their own, I have never had problems with bearing buddies, the polycraft had them on the entire time I owned it and I never once changed the bearings. Trailer yachts had them in the hardstand which is the ultimate test and never had an issue.

    BTW, if your durahub seals had a leak at the back they would be farked also.
    The genius of Durahub is you know immeadiatly that you have a leak. That's the problem with those supposed "marine" seals. They let water in far too easily.....
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  5. #20

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    How can you tell the difference?
    Quality. Dont buy the chinese ones, look for the genuine branded ones. You wont find them in super cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    The genius of Durahub is you know immeadiatly that you have a leak. That's the problem with those supposed "marine" seals. They let water in far too easily.....
    Mate, the seals work the same. Good seal on a grease hub is just as good as good seal on a durahub. Shit seal is bad on both. Problem is you dont realise until you 500km into the fishing trip when the bearing seizes.

    Durahub v Bearing buddies is a ford v holden debate. They both work well if installed properly.


  6. #21

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Quality. Dont buy the chinese ones, look for the genuine branded ones. You wont find them in super cheap.



    Mate, the seals work the same. Good seal on a grease hub is just as good as good seal on a durahub. Shit seal is bad on both. Problem is you dont realise until you 500km into the fishing trip when the bearing seizes.

    Durahub v Bearing buddies is a ford v holden debate. They both work well if installed properly.
    Ordered durahubs today, happy to give them a crack and see how they go, i carry spare bearing kits if they crap out

  7. #22

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Quality. Dont buy the chinese ones, look for the genuine branded ones. You wont find them in super cheap.



    Mate, the seals work the same. Good seal on a grease hub is just as good as good seal on a durahub. Shit seal is bad on both. Problem is you dont realise until you 500km into the fishing trip when the bearing seizes.

    Durahub v Bearing buddies is a ford v holden debate. They both work well if installed properly.
    I completely disagree. The standard bearing seal with the little spring that holds it tight against the stub and lubricated by oil is a much better seal than those couple of flappy bits of rubber sealing against the hub on a marine seal.

    If the Durahub gets water in there you can see it imeadiatley, easily drain it mostly out whilst on the side of the road or at the ramp and top up the oil. Like I said, my first set were installed in 2011 and I just changed the bearings for piece of mind. They are like new and are now packed with grease as a spare set. I've never had more than 12 months out of marine seals that get submerged without them having signs of rust.

    In that same period a set of old man emu coil springs and a set of shocks are completely rooted. That's the whole pudding right here for me.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #23

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchy View Post
    Ordered durahubs today, happy to give them a crack and see how they go, i carry spare bearing kits if they crap out
    Crunchy just take a good look at your stubs. Mine have been installed on new stubs so haven't had problems. The standard seals obviously fix to the hub and spin on the stub, If yours have pitting there may be some small oil leaks. If that happens just grab a speedy sleeve and push onto your stub so the seal has a nice smooth staino surface to run on.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  9. #24

    Re: Bearing Buddies

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Crunchy just take a good look at your stubs. Mine have been installed on new stubs so haven't had problems. The standard seals obviously fix to the hub and spin on the stub, If yours have pitting there may be some small oil leaks. If that happens just grab a speedy sleeve and push onto your stub so the seal has a nice smooth staino surface to run on.
    Yeh mate they look OK but will be polishing them up to a mirror finish before installing the durahubs.I'm going to try running 100% oil for the cleanliness factor so hope those seals don't leak..........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us