Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Free Membership

Re: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

I had a falcon for towing my previous boat. Quintrex 510. I upgraded to the territory for the new boat. The falcon is not even in the same stratosphere as the territory in terms of a tow vehicle. It is twice as good, trust me, i have had both.

what did george? say about suzi vs merc 150? I guess suzi would have better resale but it would be hard to go past wildfish's figures?

Didn,t really ask George about the Suzuki Vs the Merc , both are about 3ltrs (2.9 for the suzuki and 3 for the merc ) so i think they will be similar mercury probably have the edge in props to choose from although the choice can get a bit confusing as every merc prop appears to suit all boats ever made if you believe the mkting hype.

BigE

New seat frames being installed. starting to come together.

BigE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Flash as a rat with a gold tooth.

Firstly, put some non skid feet on the aft end only, then you just lift and pull/ push.
    When on the ground that should be enough to stop it from sliding- works for me.

I then split the lid of my 110 litre and sealed the cuts with epoxy and foam strip.( next time i would use something flexible. the epoxy was a messy job and the plastic lid flexes slightly)
    Looking Good but.
    Cheers

Ps I got the 100hr service on the new 200 yesterday down at bayside. I was talking with Jon about all the new lean burn models.
    Amazing to see that the AP version of the 150 is 1kg heavier than my 200.
    We talked a fair bit about how to prop them and what drives that choice - but lets not go down that road again!

Thanks Tenzing , my 150 is the DF model not the AP .... I never like the first of a new design.

BigE

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile ap\

Yeah , I dunno how first it is . the 200 was a complete new design. Just happens to be the same capacity.
    The Ap must be fly by wire right? Just has the lean burn stuff as well. Much less fuel from my numbers

Getting close now, anyone have thoughts on prop size for the Suzuki 150 ,might start a new thread on this.