Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Re: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    I wasn't worried about mine either until I put it on the weigh bridge
    Only way you'll know what the whole rig weighs.
    You may be surprised. Maybe it's better not to know. That way you won't have a guilty conscious every time you drive down the road.
    I ended up with a Chev as I didn't like the thought of loosing everything I worked hard for and getting rapped in jail.
    Plus your insurance will be void. May as well not pay the insurance.
    Yer Rob but your eskies aren't empty hey
    There's about 500kg accounted for

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Free Membership

yes I did see that on the website that was the stated weight. I have that trailer and the stamp says 450kg I am very sure. 600kg is a very heavy empty trailer. I doubt it would be that much, but yeah it will never be 100%

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    If the weights are right - all good. Mayfairs website has the tare weight of the trailer that looks like the one under BigE's new toy at a tare of 590/600 kgs - bit of a discrepancy there. Stainless takes in the bow rail as well if it is an option and not included in the hull weight.

Moejoes
    the 200 would have been nice , but I;m less of a speed guy more of a comfort and running cost guy. thought about the 175 for a bit but after going for a run with the 140 on the back i am confident the 150 will be the right balance for me. basic motor no VVT to play up and the smallest HP in that block /gearcase family should make it under stressed and economical to run.

BigE

And here I was thinking, I was a cheap drunk

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Yer Rob but your eskies aren't empty hey
    There's about 500kg accounted for

Free Membership

I may be surprised at the weigh bridge. I dont know really. My conscious wouldn't be guilty if it was over weight. Just not something I get worried about. My car had a small chip in the windcreen, roadworthy in the eyes of many. I wasn't rushing out to get it replaced. tight lines!

You may be surprised. Maybe it's better not to know. That way you won't have a guilty conscious every time you drive down the road.
    I ended up with a Chev as I didn't like the thought of loosing everything I worked hard for and getting rapped in jail.

You that pretty Rob ? Lots of ass-umptions made when doing things by the numbers hey. Went through the exercise with my oldies van a while back. Once a few accessories had been fitted - two spare wheels and carrier, battery, microwave, I suspect mattress - the bloody thing weighed over the stated GTM when it was empty - by about 300 Kgs. Thankfully the chassis was rated to substantially more so all I needed to do was fit a break away switch for the engineer to re-certify it.

You could've bought my twin 175's.
    Keith tried to get me to upgrade to the new 200's when I had the motors off the other week when I seen your boat.
    Thought about it for 5mins and couldn't justify the additional 20k change over
    Nice to have 2 nice shiney motors on the back but mine only have 630hrs on them, so decided I'll do the 1000hrs and maybe review it then or wait til the misses goes overseas in 2 months .
    She'll never know hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Moejoes
    the 200 would have been nice , but I;m less of a speed guy more of a comfort and running cost guy. thought about the 175 for a bit but after going for a run with the 140 on the back i am confident the 150 will be the right balance for me. basic motor no VVT to play up and the smallest HP in that block /gearcase family should make it under stressed and economical to run.

BigE

Yeah mate, just ask Gibbo.
    He loves me
    I don't need to go to jail to get rapped.
    I get rapped everyday by tier 1 commercial builders

You that pretty Rob ? Lots of ass-umptions made when doing things by the numbers hey. Went through the exercise with my oldies van a while back. Once a few accessories had been fitted - two spare wheels and carrier, battery, microwave, I suspect mattress - the bloody thing weighed over the stated GTM when it was empty - by about 300 Kgs. Thankfully the chassis was rated to substantially more so all I needed to do was fit a break away switch for the engineer to re-certify it.

Yeah mate, just ask Gibbo.
    He loves me
    I don't need to go to jail to get rapped.
    I get rapped everyday by tier 1 commercial builders
    He cooks to Scottar

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    He cooks to Scottar

Interesting. He's one up on my missus then

Not trying to offend here, but can you deposit your insurance premiums into my account if I send you my bank account details.
    If your going to waste your money, you may as well give it to me
    Honestly, you should get it weighed once setup.
    I believe everyone should do this even when selling Eg: Builders, Boat yards and 2nd hand sellers.
    The weigh certificate should have an itemised schedule of what was weighed in it at the time.
    Why, because I got caught out when buying a 635L years ago that was supposably under 2ton.
    Cost me a breakaway system when I had to sell and had no comeback on the previous seller as I should've checked it according to DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by WildFishExpeditions View Post
    I may be surprised at the weigh bridge. I dont know really. My conscious wouldn't be guilty if it was over weight. Just not something I get worried about. My car had a small chip in the windcreen, roadworthy in the eyes of many. I wasn't rushing out to get it replaced. tight lines!

Free Membership

Not offended. Im not wasting my money on insurance either. If my boat sinks at sea, or is stolen or vandalised my insurance wont be concerned about the brakes on my trailer...

this is starting to get off topic. Its personal preference, if people want to weigh their boats and put different brakes on, thats fine. I just dont get worried about it. I dont believe my boat is in excess of 2 tonne, but there is a chance it might be. I dont care either way. I have never weighed a trailed in my life, and probably dont plan to. Their is nothing else to it.

If some authoritative body makes me weigh the boat and force me to get different brakes, fine ill have to. Untill then im not bothered.

If i did weigh it and it was 2050kg, id take the eskies and safety gear out and other bits and pieces and put them in my car, and only fuel the boat up when i got to the ramp. Thats solved that problem.

There would be punters in Portland who left for the day in an 1800kg boat and came back with 4 tuna on board and on the drive back the boat weights 2100kg through the weight of the fish. I doubt they are rushing off to buy new brakes.

Not trying to offend here, but can you deposit your insurance premiums into my account if I send you my bank account details.
    I believe everyone should do this even when selling Eg: Builders, Boat yards and 2nd hand sellers.
    The weigh certificate should have an itemised schedule of what was weighed in it at the time.
    Why, because I got caught out when buying a 635L years ago that was supposably under 2ton.
    Cost me a breakaway system when I had to sell and had no comeback on the previous seller as I should've checked it according to DOT.

I'll settle for his rego so I can GTFOOTW if I see him coming

Free Membership

Yeah yep - get out of the way!!!!! Im towing a boat that has a slim chance of being a handful of KG over 2 tonne!!! QUICK MOVE!!!!

No on a serious note you have a better chance of being over taken by me in the mighty petrol territory. I have to be careful pulling the boat out of the water, its got so much grunt it almost pulls the drawbar off the trailer.

I'll settle for his rego so I can GTFOOTW if I see him coming

Quote Originally Posted by WildFishExpeditions View Post
    Yeah yep - get out of the way!!!!! Im towing a boat that has a slim chance of being a handful of KG over 2 tonne!!! QUICK MOVE!!!!

No on a serious note you have a better chance of being over taken by me in the mighty petrol territory. I have to be careful pulling the boat out of the water, its got so much grunt it almost pulls the drawbar off the trailer.
    I've had a Ford. The Territory without the extra weight to pull up - they call it a Falcon. I think my concerns are legitimate . In all seriousness though, I had the thoroughly joyous experience of pulling a boat up in an emergency braking manouvre - it weighs "just over two tonnes" empty as it was at the time and it has brakes on all 4 wheels that work a hell of a lot better than mechanical ones. It wasn't fun to the point I pissed off the "lightweight" tow vehicle (2 tonne worth of Navara) and bought a 200 series. Getting shit going aint hard - especially not now . Makin shit stop - good luck. Chances are when it happens it will be some f-wit in a V-dub combi that pulls out in front of you on a highway somewhere - with the spectacularly good Ford brakes I didn't even bother trying to stop that time I was that close but he had to get in front of the car towing the boat (that one only weighed 750kg) - Thankfully no one was coming the other way and I could go around. It won't be your fault as such but explaining that might get interesting if they stick it on the scales.