Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Free Membership

Re: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Good stuff. What outboard?

Suzuki 150 , still in a box at the moment should be fitted next week. tested the boat with a 140 and it was alright and you could live with it if money was tight, but i think this will be the last big boat for me so i think the 150 will live longer and do it easier, will be interesting to see the difference between the 2 ltr and 3 ltr donk for about the same HP.

BigE

Quote Originally Posted by BigE View Post
    Have bitten the bullet and put a deposit on a 2200 Yalta Craft. picture says a thousand words so here goes !!

BigE
    They've pinched your radar scanner LOL. (check their website). Good looking rig BigE. Always thought of Yalta as a good solid honest rig for what you pay - and they don't sink when attacked by tiger sharks - added bonus. Only point of concern from the pics would be to fill it with fuel and put it over a weighbridge to see just how much payload you have to play with without electric brakes. Just looking at weights on websites they add up to just over 1850 Kg's with fuel - not sure whether that will include fit out with the stated hull weight or things like spare wheels and brackets for the trailer - just a heads up - I hate dealers catching people with this sort of thing.

Scottar
    culled the radar .... I wouldn't know how to use it anyhow. think the trailer will be OK but i will run it over the scales for my own peace of mind anyhow. I liked the ride into chop and the deck space to fish from.

thanks for the sounder advice in the 7410 thread as well electric's are not my strong point, i know enough to get in to trouble but that about all.

BigE

Ausfish Bronze Member
    Blog Entries

I am selling my Seafarer Victory if you are interested. 175 Suzuki 130 Hours. PM if you are interested.

Free Membership

I think you will notice a huge difference between the 140 and 150. George from Yaltacraft told me specifically dont get the 140 as it wouldn't have the grunt for the hull.

Do you guys with the larger HP engines support the weight of the engine while towing or rely on the transom to support the 200+kg?
    I have a 6m Yalta on a Brooker trailer and have a 2015 model 150HP Mercury
    4 stroke on the back.
    The dealer I bought the outboard from strongly suggested I modify the trailer to allow a support arm for the 210kg of outboard hanging off the back. The back of the trailer is a fair way forward from the back of the boat and motor.
    I'll take a few photos of my mods and post them tomorrow to show what I've done incase it helps others.

Plastics fantastic but bait is better.

I use the travel arms on my 150. Still going strong for a 2007 donk.

Free Membership

No not needed at all. Thats garbage. With the outboard locking bracket the outboard will sit very high and the leg will sit a long way from the transom. So this can cause a small bouncing affect because the leg acts as like a long leaver. however i have never seen this actually do anything. I towed the boat from queensland to victoria just using the locking bracket. The manual says it is to be only used for storage, but I didn't have anything else. I have sine bought a rubber "my wedge" which works great. The engine trims down lower then traveling so there isnt as much bouncing force. Buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by FINICKY View Post
    Do you guys with the larger HP engines support the weight of the engine while towing or rely on the transom to support the 200+kg?
    I have a 6m Yalta on a Brooker trailer and have a 2015 model 150HP Mercury
    4 stroke on the back.
    The dealer I bought the outboard from strongly suggested I modify the trailer to allow a support arm for the 210kg of outboard hanging off the back. The back of the trailer is a fair way forward from the back of the boat and motor.
    I'll take a few photos of my mods and post them tomorrow to show what I've done incase it helps others.

Plastics fantastic but bait is better.

Fully tilted outboards don't hang off the back of transoms.

Free Membership

Fully tilted up, like it is when its sittingnon the support bracket (merc). The leg is a long way from the transom, fully tilted down and it would be touching the road..

Free Membership

Boat is close to 2T, but unlikely to be over it. I asked George about the trailer when i made my order and he said they dont go over 2T so no need for electric breakaway system. I haven't bothered to put it over a weight bridge and dont intend to. It would be very close to 2 tonne though fully loaded

Boat 950kg
    Trailer 450kg
    Engine 200kg
    Fuel 180kg
    Thats 1780kg. So 220kg for gear. It would be close. Eskies and rods and bunk cushions dont weight much (unless the esky is full of beer), electronics, cables and steering, safety gear anchor and chain etc. All that stuff adds up of course but it wouldn't be 200kg worth.

Still it would go close.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    They've pinched your radar scanner LOL. (check their website). Good looking rig BigE. Always thought of Yalta as a good solid honest rig for what you pay - and they don't sink when attacked by tiger sharks - added bonus. Only point of concern from the pics would be to fill it with fuel and put it over a weighbridge to see just how much payload you have to play with without electric brakes. Just looking at weights on websites they add up to just over 1850 Kg's with fuel - not sure whether that will include fit out with the stated hull weight or things like spare wheels and brackets for the trailer - just a heads up - I hate dealers catching people with this sort of thing.

I reckon you're wrong. 220kg is nothing in a boat that size.
    Scottar's advice is sound, your's optimistic which is never the way to go when talking legalities.

Two batteries - 50- 60kg
    Stainless work ?
    Electronics ?
    Prop and oil - not sure but a lot of engine weights are given dry
    Copper wire

Think I have pretty much accounted for about 100kgs in that lot. It will all depend on what is covered in the stated hull weight but if I was a betting man I would say nothing but fibreglass. The weighbridge is the only way.

Scott is on the money. These boats need at least a 2.5 tonne trailer. My 555HC is close to the limit on a 2tonne trailer.

Weighbridge has me at 1600kgs empty. I also hold 300ltrs of fuel. 2x 200ltr eskies. 1770 trips I have to load my gear in the truck until we launch.