Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Re: NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

won't find a safe boat than a stabi, we took one to LMI a couple of years ago in foul weather and it was RAD, and apparantly you can fill them with water (providing the sponsons aren't compromosed) and they will still float.
    what a sad sad AB

Been reading with interest.
    Re the fuel economy. Think about why you are buying the boat and what you use it for. The eco is good and all but if a 200 or 175 might be more suitable/ more fun/ safer on a bar, then maybe the eco drops a little in relevance?
    I have spent countless hours testing props in the last 6 months. The eco is ONE of the parameters that make a meaningful comparison possible But FEEL cant really be quanitified and yet you know when you've got it.
    Just saying not to get overly bogged down in one of the number.
    The newer 4 strokes are all good. I was surprised at the fuel saving from a 2016 df200 over 2012 df 175. Not what I had expected.

Like the old Johnnie walker ad: "do you want the scotch you'd rather pay for , or the scotch you'd rather drink?"

And as for fuel results , is it just me or does litres per km , or km per litre at any given revs make for the easiest comparison. I understand that not all gauges provide this , its just tat I couldnt really tell you after pages of data what the litres per hr are. A traditional figure , I accept , but only relevant against distance travelled on THAT particular day

Cheers
    Brendan

Quote Originally Posted by myusernam View Post
    Wildfish when u say 2klm per litre are you talking at cruise? Or total for whole day. What do you burn per hour at 25 knots or whatever you cruise at? Because reports I have read from the 3l 150 and even the 135 have been less. My friend has one of these on a platey and his real time read out is 1nm per L if he's lucky.
    I have the new 135 merc (17" inertia) on a 5.5m plate cc. New boat so have been working on motor height and propping and can`t seem to get 2kpl at any speed. As some have said, must be a fair difference between ali and glass. Fishing Monthly has a review on youtube of a 6100 Streaker with a 135 merc. Claim up to 2.5 kpl and top speed of 74kph. Attached screen shots are not in smooth water but show fuel burn at cruise. That said I`m happy with this motor, about 1nm+ pl and around 37 knots. Rob.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah a lot of real world figures I've seen with the 3l Merc aren't better than Nm per litre and usually slightly worse. Which is normal. If that good with Yalta then I daresay it's just because a very easily driven hull. No rocker, narrow, plenty of strakes. Basically a ski boat with a bit of a cab on the front. Not saying that's bad. Most 22ft boats need more hp

heres my 200 suzuki 4st on medium weighted seafarer victory with full fuel, 2 guys.

The solas 22' 4 blade was a standout!

Multiple runs in 10 knots and chop in the western bay:

rpm.......km/h.......km/litre

WOT......6100rpm (77/1.1)

NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    heres my 200 suzuki 4st on medium weighted seafarer victory with full fuel, 2 guys.

The solas 22' 4 blade was a standout!

Multiple runs in 10 knots and chop in the western bay:

rpm.......km/h.......km/litre

WOT......6100rpm (77/1.1)
    They are very good figures Brendan, you'd have to be pleased with them/the upgrade.

What was the improvement in economy over your previous 175hp at say the ~50kmh speed, and maybe more importantly for this thread, for a typical fishing day outside where you are running (can run) around at the 50k mark (+/-), what is your average economy for the trip now, and with the previous 175?

Oceanspirit, would be keen to also hear if you have any numbers on this/a similar hull, for the G2 200, or even the recently released G2 150 on a slightly smaller/lighter hull?

Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    They are very good figures Brendan, you'd have to be pleased with them/the upgrade.

What was the improvement in economy over your previous 175hp at say the ~50kmh speed, and maybe more importantly for this thread, for a typical fishing day outside where you are running (can run) around at the 50k mark (+/-), what is your average economy for the trip now, and with the previous 175?

Oceanspirit, would be keen to also hear if you have any numbers on this/a similar hull, for the G2 200, or even the recently released G2 150 on a slightly smaller/lighter hull?

Cheers
    Brendon

Well I guess like most people we get about as quickly as the conditions allow.

a typical summer day of say 1 1/2 each way and 5 or so hrs on the troll is around 90+ litres..
    We are saving a good 20 litres or so.

The real world is different to prop testing. starting and stopping , head seas etc.
    I have a feeling we are 15 to 20% better off now.

The new Suzi gauges are really good. The old DMI 10 were good too and gave eco as litres per km.to 1/10 l
    The new ones give km/litre in 1/10 which generally gives you finer increments.

As I said before , all good for comparing apples with apples, but once you are set up its just another bit of info, and I drive it so it feels best at whatever speed I can get away with.
    I guess you can always look at it as either greater range or a bigger margin of safety on long days.

cheers
    Brendan

Still have last trip on the gauge
    160 odd km for 97 litres
    That's 3 guys trolling but flat strap on the bay

looking at the streaker 6.1 and the yalta 2200 at this point , yalta has a better cockpit and the streaker has a better set up for anchoring.

anyone got anything else i should be looking at ?

BigE

Really nice econ of the victory Tenzing wish the budget would stretch that far.

BigE

There's a few out there
    Should be within your upper and lower limits .
    Worth a look

Tenzing, nice rig 👍

Gofishn (Brendon) the Evinrude G2 66 degree range (150-200) was only officially released to dealers last week at a closed door Telwater conference on the Gold Coast. The best I can give you is a 5.6 alloy half cabin (Quintrex) that was fetching 3L/Km in the "sweet spot". I will chase down proper data. As Tenzing said, a lot changes when you put these engines into use on a fishing trip, but having seen some objective data out of the US, the new small block G2 will be hard to beat on fuel, which is a big call given the numbers the Suzuki AP200's are showing.

If you are looking at a Jalta (Yalta) make sure you get under the hull and carefully inspect. Check for any GRP compressions near the trailer rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by robcam View Post
    I have the new 135 merc (17" inertia) on a 5.5m plate cc. New boat so have been working on motor height and propping and can`t seem to get 2kpl at any speed. As some have said, must be a fair difference between ali and glass. Fishing Monthly has a review on youtube of a 6100 Streaker with a 135 merc. Claim up to 2.5 kpl and top speed of 74kph. Attached screen shots are not in smooth water but show fuel burn at cruise. That said I`m happy with this motor, about 1nm+ pl and around 37 knots. Rob.
    Big difference for you Rob, and where the Mercs with their low end torque come into their own, is you only need 3500rpm for cruise. Over the life of the motor that's a lot less work than revving it at 4000rpm. Having just left a merc (which i loved) and over to a 140 Suzi, the difference is remarkable. I just wish my local Merc dealer was more professional...

NBT new boat itch, i got it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean_Spirit View Post
    Tenzing, nice rig

Gofishn (Brendon) the Evinrude G2 66 degree range (150-200) was only officially released to dealers last week at a closed door Telwater conference on the Gold Coast. The best I can give you is a 5.6 alloy half cabin (Quintrex) that was fetching 3L/Km in the "sweet spot". I will chase down proper data. As Tenzing said, a lot changes when you put these engines into use on a fishing trip, but having seen some objective data out of the US, the new small block G2 will be hard to beat on fuel, which is a big call given the numbers the Suzuki AP200's are showing.
    Cheers OS. I thought they were out from finding this the other day...

http://www.boatsales.com.au/editoria...-review-58361/

However that make sense because I was wondering why there was nothing else out there on them. (and maybe if I had read the whole article it would have told me such )

These figures/this test is of similar use to us here (not much in this thread), but interesting nonetheless.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app