Thread: any one run a stabi 609 supercab with a 150?

any one run a stabi 609 supercab with a 150?

a mates looking at a stabi 609 supercab with a 150hp 4 stroke yammie on it. just curious how they preform. any experince with this combo eg top speed crusie speed maybe even some fuel figures.
    cheers jake

Re: any one run a stabi 609 supercab with a 150?

a.jpg
    I have a Stabicraft 2100 Supercab with a new 150 Yammy 4 stroke and it is plenty of power.

what would max speed be roughly? nice lookin rig

Free Membership

I have a 150 on my hull, which is glass, but is +300kg heavier than the stabi. its plenty of power 79km/h top speed +2km/L fuel consumption. youd get away with a 130hp on that hull easily.

My old man has a 609 Supercab with 150 Honda, goes like the clappers. Needs trim tabs.

From what I remember of my 609HT w/- F150, it topped out a bit better than 36knots for 60 litres an hour. I could get it down to about 16-17 litres an hour at 3600rpm for just on the plane but mostly clean plane at 21 litres an hour and a fast cruise for 23-24 litres an hour.

Free Membership

Wow! thats not what I would have expected. I get 42 knots out of my 150, but those fuel figures are pretty similar. from what I can see about the 609, my hull is 300kg heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    From what I remember of my 609HT w/- F150, it topped out a bit better than 36knots for 60 litres an hour. I could get it down to about 16-17 litres an hour at 3600rpm for just on the plane but mostly clean plane at 21 litres an hour and a fast cruise for 23-24 litres an hour.

Glass slides through the water better than alloy. Your boat is long and skinny, pontoon boats are fatter for their length with more underwater surface. Stabis are very light. Over the weigh bridge at the end with no gear I think it was 1,750kg on the four trailer wheels. Obviously a bit of weight on the towball.

Smithy's numbers are good, my olf fellas 609 BMT gross is right on 2 tonne, trailer = steel belco with some fuel and gear in the boat.

I've never worried about the fuel coz its his shout in his boat!!

Scott

cheers thats the kind numbers i was thinking thanks

From a trip out yesterday.

Stabicraft 2100 Supercab with 150F Yamaha, usual fishing days weight on board

153 Km travelled, 99 litres fuel used

Came home at 30 knots @ 5000rpm

How are you finding it compared to the bigger platey?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    How are you finding it compared to the bigger platey?
    You can't beat length when travelling through chop, it hits the second wave much harder than the 8 metre But it definitely cuts the water better. Losing a metre and a half of deck is a big loss too.

I love the broad shoulders on the front and the size is far more manageable when out on my own. I had it right out of the water a couple of times yesterday when travelling along and hit swell waves that were standing up a bit just north of Moreton Island. It definitely lands better than the flatter bottom 8 metre.

With the deeper vee it does bob a bit more but I am getting used to it.

Build quality is fantastic, as you would expect for what they ask for them.

So far I am very very happy with it.

I only wish it had a bigger fuel tank, they offer a tank extension but it was thousands for an extra 50 litres.

And I wish I had ordered the optional sliding side windows, with all that glass it is a very hot cabin.

The newer ones the side windows open up a lot better. Mine only opened about 4" and only on the drivers side. I just had a 12V fan I would plug in. I didn't find it too bad. I always reckoned with the dark carpet lining that the heat got sucked into the dark stuff and didn't bounce around inside the cabin. I have cut two Bomar hatches into my current hard top on my current boat for ventilation. They work awesome. I haven't ever felt the need to put a fan in this boat.