Thread: Are we close?

Question Are we close?

Have been putting in a bit of time for the beach jewies lately. We've mainly been fishing Moreton, eastern beach and tailors bite.

We're fishing a rising tide with a high about 9pm, around the full moon on the latest occasion.
    Trying to pick gutters that will fill up as the tide comes in, around creek mouths or rocks to hopefully hold a bit of bait.
    Fishing live mullet (not huge but you get what you get) and tailor fillet (didnt get a touch), dropper rigs and 50lb FC leader, 6/0 circles. Got a generator and fish tank filter/aerator in a 40L eski. We're really going for it.

All we've managed is couple of shovel nose to 1.5m and a few decent runs for no hook up.

So,are we close? should we be doing anything different? Thoughts? Help haha

Cheers
    Dave

P.S cr@p photo quality sorry but it was late and we'd had a few.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Are we close?

Can't say that a night on the beach enjoying the "serenity" would be all that great with a generator running..., why not just use a bucket of water now and then from the ocean?

If you could find a gutter near the cape or rocks that's where I would try..

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Sounds like your on top of everything. May just be a time thing now.

try at the end of june

Cheers,

Its a 4 stroke Honda on a 15m extension cord. Can't hear it over the wind and waves. Filter and aerator is just one less thing to worry about.

Have heard the Beach corners are good, but tides were too big to stay on Eastern into the high.

Will keep at it then I guess. Just a matter of timing as you all say.

Thanks for the chat
    Dave

Ausfish Silver Member jackson4300's Avatar

Best of luck mate, hope to see a report soon of some good results.

Mate ya doing everything right, now the waiting game begins.

Just keep telling yourself, IT WILL HAPPEN.

Ive lost count of the trips and hours ive sat in the seaway fishing for jews, your not going to get one every time out but when you do get your first big one it will be all worth it..

Good luck.

Attachment 115277

or you wait till june and get TWO !!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Can't say that a night on the beach enjoying the "serenity" would be all that great with a generator running..., why not just use a bucket of water now and then from the ocean?
    12 volt aerator with deep cycle battery

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Hi oldsalty, also give beachworms a go....i have had nights on fraser island
    Where the tailor fillet keeps getting sharks and the beachworms get the jew. put as many as ya can get on the hook

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Patients my friend, patients. I don't know how many nights I sat and waited,,,and waited.......and waited........and then got a run, was so pumped got to keen and pulled the bait right out of its mouth. Your doin everything right. As mentioned above, try worms. I now use 2 rods at times off the beach if conditions allow. One with a livie and one with a bunch of worms and I leave both in rod holders, sit back and enjoy the scenery until one of the baits get swallowed. I have also learnt to let them swim off with it. after a bit just tighten up the drag and lean back gently, the circle will do the work and hopefully, hang on.
    JN