Thread: Huge Queensland Groper at Urangan Pier Hervey Bay

Huge Queensland Groper at Urangan Pier Hervey Bay

One of the cameras I had didnt record properly so this is the only footage I ended up with, apparently the groper is a resident so I will be back to film some more when I can.

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Re: Huge Queensland Groper at Urangan Pier Hervey Bay

Great vid as usual Rainbowrunner I have seen that grouper caught and released several times in the past 20years

Great footage.

There was one under the Shorncliffe pier, too, but I didn't see her last year when I went for a dive. Hopefully she's back by now. Between the rotunda and the end.

Cuzza

Few years back we spent a week up there. There was a run of golden trevally on at the time - probably averaging 7 - 10 kilo. A lot of the fish would run under the jetty or around a pylon and it would be all over for the angler involved but i watched a young bloke fight one that played nice on light gear for what seemed like an eternity, only to have this aquatic VW beetle (it seemed about that big) decide it was hungry and take it home when they were too slow with the cliff gaff - funny to watch but felt for the angler after all the effort.

As a pier rat there in the 70's/80's when the end was still on the pier we used to hang live butter bream half out of the water for a kingy to snaffle. Every now and then a kingy would get snaffled by one of the big boys.
    nil carborundum illegitimi

thanks for the feedback Guys
    The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species