Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many hours on your ETecs?

Re: How many hours on your ETecs?

Got a 2013 130hp, 200 odd hours, great engine so far goes really well. really need to go fishing more , previous one was a merc, cantankerous Bastard that was.
    Comparing the two.. etec hands down

got an 06 150 etec with 1546 hours serviced regularly and never missed a beat til it dies I won't complain or replace.

2012 50 hp tiller steer with about 150 hours, still sweet as. Starts first pop, runs all day and uses almost no fuel... Great little motor.

2010 150 etec 320 hours no issues.

And now 2017 90 etec 15 hours to early to tell just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

2001 200Hpdi Yammy, bought 5 years ago with 300hrs. Now 1450hrs has never let me down. I was worried about the whole 2 stroke thing at first but as someone said earlier it's got a lot to do with history and how you treat your engines. If a DI 2 stroke gets past 3 or 400hrs it's normally a good one. I'd definitely want the history before purchase if a bit long in the tooth. I'll run mine till it dies but there's no indication that it's anytime soon. Of course also driving that thought is that there's no resale value on an old engine.

Ausfish Platinum Member

got an 06 150 etec with 1546 hours serviced regularly and never missed a beat til it dies I won't complain or replace.
    Finally , one with a few hours up. Anything under a 1000hrs means nothing, as far as reliability goes, IMO.

Have a 125 opti meticulously maintained 4.5 years old 390hrs catastrophic failure no compression 1 cylinder. Given 2 options by the dealer rebuild powerhead or wait 3 months for a new powerhead. Pointed out under warranty and new powerhead please. Asked cause and was told posably blocked injector ( no fault codes on smart gauges just ran on 2 cylinders). Anyhow new powerhead has 70 hrs and runs sweet possibly better than new.