Thread: Travel rod.

Travel rod.

Hey,
    The new job has the advantage of being able to fish occasionally at some pretty amazing places.
    I'm looking for a rod to take that will break down into my bag (preferably).
    I'm thinking a spin rod for flexibility. We do troll a bit so was originally leaning towards an overhead, but I cant cast overheads very well when not trolling (massive tangles).
    Its gonna need to handle pretty serious fish (GTs, spanish macks etc.) Kimberleys, torres strait etc.
    Reelwise..... I have a couple of shimano 6000 baitrunners that I am hoping will be up to it, save some coin i could chuck one of them on.
    And finally. I dont have a fortune to spend, the mrs reckons i have ample fishing gear......
    I'm not a fishing/tackle guru so I'm open to suggestions........
    I've also seen barra in darwin harbour so taking a telescopic rod and 2500 reel with 20lb braid. Hopefully up to the job......

Re: Travel rod.

Daiwa black Sniper 3 piece travel rod mate. Awesome. 703MHFS. Some BCF stores might still have some on Super special for $100...includes a nice padded soft case with strap. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Unless the skipper is going to stop when you hook up, trying to fight a fish on rod and reel at 8 knots has got knobs on it - better off with a heavy hand line (rope with an inner tube for some stretch with a 300 or so pound trace) and some gloves. I tried with a T-Curve 24-37 kilo overhead set up - just hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Unless the skipper is going to stop when you hook up, trying to fight a fish on rod and reel at 8 knots has got knobs on it - better off with a heavy hand line (rope with an inner tube for some stretch with a 300 or so pound trace) and some gloves. I tried with a T-Curve 24-37 kilo overhead set up - just hard work.
    One of the blokes uses this set up. The skipper is in radio contact and will stop on hookups though.

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Daiwa black Sniper 3 piece travel rod mate. Awesome. 703MHFS. Some BCF stores might still have some on Super special for $100...includes a nice padded soft case with strap. Cheers

Awesome mate. Thanks. I'll have a look around tomorrow.
    Cheers

Good stuff mate

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Good stuff mate

Hey which bcf was that? I called lawnton. They have it on sale at $159.

Mate it was online and picked up at BCF Greenslopes

Cheers

Sweet I'll check it out

Couldnt find it.
    This looks good though. 4-8kg 7ft 3 pieces.
    http://www.bcf.com.au/Product/Shiman...pin-Rod/371166