Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kevlacat 2400 advice

Re: Kevlacat 2400 advice

From what I have been told he sold the cat and now has a bigger permanently moored mono. He still works for Garmin - they may be able to put you in contact.

Ausfish New Member

The only downside i can see is that it would not tilt up if you hit something while travelling or you were against the bottom unloading something ashore. Having said that the risk of either scenario damaging it is extremely low and i would not hesitate to mount it as per the picture. It is far enough to one side that it will not present any issues for cavitation of the engine. I had a similar set up on the 6.2 except it was mounted off the transom as the pods were a bit smaller. Leaving a decent gap between the bracket and the transducer is also a great idea as it allows you to add shims to get the depth and attack angle that works best. And the bonus of using a transom mount transducer is that you get the complete functionality of the furuno. The in hull transducer is not compatible with the accu fish or bottom functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray View Post
    The only downside i can see is that it would not tilt up if you hit something while travelling or you were against the bottom unloading something ashore. Having said that the risk of either scenario damaging it is extremely low and i would not hesitate to mount it as per the picture. It is far enough to one side that it will not present any issues for cavitation of the engine. I had a similar set up on the 6.2 except it was mounted off the transom as the pods were a bit smaller. Leaving a decent gap between the bracket and the transducer is also a great idea as it allows you to add shims to get the depth and attack angle that works best. And the bonus of using a transom mount transducer is that you get the complete functionality of the furuno. The in hull transducer is not compatible with the accu fish or bottom functions.
    Yeah must agree with you, after spending hours upside down installing the m260 in my 5.2m kc the though of being able to adjust and shim to adjust angle/depth seems very nice hahaha

looking at the photo i should be be able to gauge angle and depth by measuring the thickness of the pod base.. would you agree that the transducer looks to be in line with the side of the hull.

do you reckon it will throw a rooster tail or cause a drag reducing top speed in that position ?

Ausfish New Member

The surface area and location would be very similar to the set up i have with the B175HW. It doesn't seem to make any difference to the boat speed and there is no rooster tail. It is so deep in the water when underway there is a huge amount of water above it. I was concerned that water might come around the side of the hull and hit it but it doesn't. I'm sure it will work a treat.

If you are active on Book Face look up Kitty Kat as Wayne Thomson. He now has a 28' Bertram flybridge with twin Mtu diesels.