Thread: Ausfish Email no longer free

Ausfish Email no longer free

Hi, recently when I logged into my ausfish email account there was and still is a message that Everyone net is no longer hosting free email and you now have to subscribe. It states that I will be completely locked out on the 23rd of feb. As this is my primary email and pretty much all emails come to here I figured that I would at least try to find out cost of subscription..I shouls add this message is the header in the front page at login not an email recieved.
    I clicked to subscribe but am told my account is not eligible for upgrade? so this means I have try to set up new email elsewhere,contact every bussiness gov department. friends contacts etc I deal with and I have no doubt I will miss plenty .
    I totally understand ausfish themselves do not host the email service and as such its not really their issue however I would like to know is this a scam? why does there seem to be no information about this? Am I the only one who uses ausfish as their primary email? help plase. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Craig
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

Re: Ausfish Email no longer free

Hi

Yes, unfortunately after all these years they will no longer offer free email.

As the notice says, you will no longer be able to reply to email after Feb 23rd. You will be able to read your email until March 23rd.

If you require I can put in a redirect for you from your current Ausfish email to your new email.

Please supply me with the following via Private Message if you wish to do so

Name:
    Ausfish Email: @ausfish.com.au
    New Email:

ausfishemail.jpg
    Last edited by Ausfish; 12-02-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    Hi, recently when I logged into my ausfish email account there was and still is a message that Everyone net is no longer hosting free email and you now have to subscribe. It states that I will be completely locked out on the 23rd of feb. As this is my primary email and pretty much all emails come to here I figured that I would at least try to find out cost of subscription..I shouls add this message is the header in the front page at login not an email recieved.
    I clicked to subscribe but am told my account is not eligible for upgrade? so this means I have try to set up new email elsewhere,contact every bussiness gov department. friends contacts etc I deal with and I have no doubt I will miss plenty .
    I totally understand ausfish themselves do not host the email service and as such its not really their issue however I would like to know is this a scam? why does there seem to be no information about this? Am I the only one who uses ausfish as their primary email? help plase. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Craig
    Unfortunately this is a problem that won't go away, did you know that if you had an email provided by your Telco that it ceases to exist if you decide to change providers. Also you will have troubles replying to emails if you travel overseas, it is rather convoluted to explain but get yourself a Web hosted email.

Can't talk about other telcos but if with BigPond and leave you can pay a fee, I think about $50 per year to retain your BigPond email address, as long as you have at least one Telstra service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the issue, you must be a customer of theirs. I keep my Telco email for giving out to those organisations that require one where I am pretty sure I'm going to get a lot of advertising or spam as a rssult and use another for my friends and relatives.

Get a gmail account and you can change telcos and take it with you. For now who knows what other revenue streams they will look at down the track.

All redirect requests have now been done.
    Please let me know if you have any issues with mail

Mine wasn't done, I advised you quite a few times via pm and was never done .?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by catfishkid View Post
    Mine wasn't done, I advised you quite a few times via pm and was never done .?

Craig
    Have done it for you when I posted the notice on 23rd

Please pm me your email address again to confirm and I will check it out later today when I get back in the office

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Just publicly saying all seems fixed now, thankyou very much for your assistance

Craig