Thread: 4wd Awnings

4wd Awnings

Gents
    How hard is it to find a 4wd awning that is 2.5x3m. I have a cheap ass Superkings one on the Landrover but I'm chasing a good one - 100% waterproof one for the Dodge and our trip away.
    Darche only make one 2.5x2.5. There seems to be some floating around on the cheap 4wd websites at 2.5x3 but they're not high on the GSM density and only claim to be weatherproof not waterproof.
    Anyone have recommendations?
    Brett

Re: 4wd Awnings

Try Arb but there not cheap and pretty much the same. Or you could just get the kings roof awning red one would probably be cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

I got an Ostrich Wing, never going back to a normal awning.
    Humility is not a weather condition.

Hi Brett, How about the supa peg option at Yatala. They are not cheap but they seem to be pretty good quality.
    http://supapeg.com.au/side-awnings/
    Iain

ive had my "cheap ass" 2.5x2.5 kings awning out under torrential rain, would easily have had 20ltrs pooled on it at one point, not a single drip came through.
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Search "g camp" on eBay.
    I have had a 2.5 x 3 for a few years, no worries.
    Just made of the same stuff the rest of them are though.

I have an awning made by supa peg at yatala and absolutely cant fault the quality. If they dont have that size I am pretty certain they would make one.
    If you always do what you've always done
    You'll always get what you've always got

Yep take the step up and get something like a 30 second awning. http://www.30secondwingawning.com.au/

You will never look back

Wow $900 and 27kgs.! What ever happened to some tent poles and tarp ziptied to the roof racks..
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.

Hello gents,
    Thanks for the all the information provided. We decided against going with a "wing" awning as we felt they didn't offer enough protection considering we will be living under it for 6 months.
    We did make the trip u to Supa Peg and their canvas man Peter was only to happy to help with a specific design to our needs. We are going with a 3x3 with extra supports and another 3x3 wall/awning if required. We've had to make everything oversize and strengthened but it still wont be a problem with weight or size for the Dodge.
    Thanks again for the recommendations.
    Brett

Hi Brett.
    What's the Dodge?