Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone running Bennett BOLT tabs?

Re: Anyone running Bennett BOLT tabs?

I may as well write a review incase someone searches this up one day.....

Boating & RV had a special on the 12x9 BOLT $746 delivered, ordered on Tuesday arrived Friday...price only includes the stock standard non indicator rocker swtich but I might upgrade that later when I next go state side as not prepared to pay $550 - $650 as charged in Aussie!

Everything seems to be very good quality, actuators have a very solid feel abut them and the wires are resin encased. Installation on the W/E.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a word of warning, its pretty obvious but just in case, you need to down-load the installation instructions, I printed them on standard A4 paper and the mounting templates are not to scale.....ensure you de-select "fit to paper size" on your printer options as the template is in US paper sizing and it will not be to scale otherwise....oddly enough the template that came with the goods "1 inch scale checker' is not to scale! But the drawing is....

If they are similar to Lencos just ensure the base of the tabs are 3 mm above the level of the bottom of the boat.

Pics on post 24
    What could go wrong.......................

Talking about the mounting template for the actuator drill holes into the transom

How are the tabs going Crunchy?

TMC

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    How are the tabs going Crunchy?

TMC
    Excellent, glad I didn't bother with indicator swtiches, you don't need a light telling where the tabs are postioned as its all by "feel" anyway. Very effective and responsive and big improvement in the ride of the boat.

In addition I needn't have worried about 12 x 9's being too small or that they don't have turned down sides as only small adjustments make a big difference to the trim, in other words these provide more than ample trim range.....

Ausfish Bronze Member Marchy001's Avatar

Glad this popped up. Going to be Tabbing the Vermont very soon and there is a lot of good information in this thread. Thanks all.

I am also tabbing in the month or so have Haines signature 542 and have decided on Lectrotabs 9x12 ........... two reasons brother has a set of 9x9 on his seafarer and they excellent secondly they are the only ones that make them 9" wide and that suits my boat best.
    Thanks again for all the feed back, would like to know and see pics of the actuators through swim platforms and what did you drill the holes with.

Mark

20151113_195356.jpg used a big holesaw. Lots of measuring first.