Thread: Long Range fuel tanks

Long Range fuel tanks

I need a bigger tank for the Dodge. She's currently about 120l and I want to get to about 200l.
    Anyone had experience with extra tanks and getting one built from around SEQ. There's not too much off the shelf stuff for the Dodge around here. Shipping from the States is also a bit exy.
    Ideally I'd like to replace the one I have rather than add a drop tank. From the research I've done most of the drop tanks are placed where the spare wheel is mounted underneath and I'd rather keep my spare wheel.
    Thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.
    Brett

Ausfish Silver Member

Re: Long Range fuel tanks

Hi Brett,
    Mate if you only need it for long trips some blokes use those rubber ones.I've seen a few plastic(?) ones also.
    Put it in the shed when you get back home

Just and update, I lucked on to one of these at an import mob in Victoria. It fits the car and I don't have to remove my spare wheel under the car.
    https://titanfueltanks.com/shop/dodg...-super-series/
    It will be here within the week.
    Brett

Hi Brett

Did you get the tank?
    Friend of mine has a later mod RAM megacab 6.7 and is likely interested in getting one too

Chimo
    What could go wrong.......................

Pete,
    Just got your message and replied.
    http://www.americanautomotiveaustralia.com/
    In Melbourne. Hope they have one for you.
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Hi Brett

Did you get the tank?
    Friend of mine has a later mod RAM megacab 6.7 and is likely interested in getting one too

Chimo

Some years ago I was able to get an extra tank fitted by a mob called haig in canberra.
    Nominally 60 litres but seems to hold a bit more.
    Same filler used for both tanks and a dashboard switch pumps the fuel from the aux into the main tank.
    Usually get a 1000Kms between fills when not towing. (The discount vouchers are worth about $5 when you get round to filling up.)

And don't forget if you fit the extra tank you do need to get a compliance place fitted here in qld.

Should add it was fitted under the rear passenger side of the Prado and the bottom was above the height of diffs axles etc so basically the clearance wasn't affected.
    One happy camper.