Thread: 4wd super centre

4wd super centre

Morning crew,
    jumped on the above website and ended up making a few purchases that I am waiting for. Just inquiring if anyone has dealt or made a purchase with these guys before and are they happy with their products. Extremely cheap gear and I saved a heap on gear that I was looking at. Purchased a some LED lights, rubbish bag for back of spare wheel and a air compressor. I am very interested on the quality of the gear and keen to hear anyone's feedback as all the reviews I have read are good. I need a fair bit more stuff but thought I would give them a go with the above before going to crazy.
    JN

Re: 4wd super centre

I have bought a few things over the years. Some have been quality, others not. I have heard good things about their air compressors but never actually seen or used one. I have bought their led camp light strips and they have been awesome. Can't really see how you could go wrong with a rubbish bag!

One thing I have noticed is that their delivery times can be really variable. Sometimes I don't think they have stock on their shelves and they wait for a certain number of orders before they order another shipment (from China)!

They have been pretty good to deal with even after a warranty claim from me on a lightbar.

I've bought a few things from them. The trick is to watch their ads daily, trust me, they'll email and SMS you every day at around 9.30 to 10.00am. Check the prices and delivery costs. Don't buy when there is free delivery, as the prices are higher. Buy when they charge full delivery and then, go to Brendale and pick the stuff up. Their LED Light Bars seem OK, the Thumper Compressor is good and I gave my Son-in-law an Awning for Christmas and he loves it. Wiring kits for lights are cheap too. Their stores are very basic.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    I've bought a few things from them. The trick is to watch their ads daily, trust me, they'll email and SMS you every day at around 9.30 to 10.00am. Check the prices and delivery costs. Don't buy when there is free delivery, as the prices are higher. Buy when they charge full delivery and then, go to Brendale and pick the stuff up. Their LED Light Bars seem OK, the Thumper Compressor is good and I gave my Son-in-law an Awning for Christmas and she loves it. Wiring kits for lights are cheap too. Their stores are very basic.
    I used to have an Uncle , But she died.

Was going to buy an awning for the Pajero but wasn't sure if I can fit it to the rails on the roof and I also don't want it permanently on, would like to take on and off as required. My Pajy gets used for Business purposes at times and having the awning on while this happens is not an ideal situation for me, but if she can come on and off in no time, will give it a crack.
    JN

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    I used to have an Uncle , But she died.
    Oops, fat fingers. My SIL is OK.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I have the thumper air compressor. It performs far better than the one it replaced. I've only owned it 6 months or so, so I can't comment on its longevity. Also have a couple of the led strip lights which are good for the money.
    I have only picked up from in store so can't comment on delivery times but have heard they can be rather slow at times.

I've had the Thumper for a few years and have used it often it is a good little unit for the price........I also have the 9'' led spotlights for the work ute and so far they have been the best $200 I have ever spent on lights......I have a Ridgid industries bar on my cruiser worth $800 plus when purchased and these cheapos are as good if not better IMO time will tell
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Ausfish Silver Member

I have the air compressor Thumper, light bar and awning, floor, side wall, seat covers, gear bag- No probs - impressed for the price. Like mention above- don't buy on freight free days if you are buying in store. Sometimes I have had to wait on items if not in stock but they have kept me informed and estimated delivery date which was accurate. The Brendale store is close by . It is not a fancy store by any means- the buys are helpful. On one occasion have had to pick up from the warehouse at Lawton. Big thumbs up for me.

Just used the thumper, screwed on valve stem to have the pressure gauge read 25 psi ?...checked pressure with another gauge and got 42 psi. Screwed back on thumper and turned it on to get correct reading of 42psi....not real happy about that. ?........anyone else's do this? And my led, s tyre deflator didn't turn up either......
    Jn

I splashed oot the Thumper max. Almost too much. As you say the gauge isn't accurate and I end up over filling(in less than a minute) and having to to let some out. It would be quicker if you could just hold the hose on the valve and take it off to check the psi, instead of having to screw the valve on and off.

I use a different gauge for reading the pressures.

I have bought a few things like an awning, a bbq plate and been happy so far.

... Ron via mobile

Ron
    Loc: Bundaberg
    B1: Yalta Craft 2200 Fisherman + Suzuki DF150
    B2: Quintrex 430 Fishabout + E-Tech 40