Thread: Buying a f420 hornet trophy, which trailer to get?

Buying a f420 hornet trophy, which trailer to get?

Hi,

I have recently ordered a f420 hornet trophy from Quintrex. The package includes the telwater alloy trailer. I have had two mates that have had minor issues with them. Then I saw an old post on this site, where there were cracking issues around the bolt holes.

Are these trailers worth getting, or should I upgrade to an easytow or Mackay trailer?

Re: Buying a f420 hornet trophy, which trailer to get?

That cracking story is todo with the old trailers ,I bought one a s a replacement for a belco I had under my bluefin for 12 yrs and I am happy now I have sprayed all the gal bolts with lanoline ,Iv had my quintrex trailer for 2 and a half years so far and traveled plenty of km without problem . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks for the reply Blufin59, its good to have some positive feedback on the quintrex trailers. Hopefully they will last a long time.

spoke to mechanic at dealer that sold these ally trailers and he said he would not buy one, breaking, cracking and very poor lights that he was always fixing.
    AB

There are alot of quintrex's that are sold each year, that have these trailers. Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be a large amount of online complaints. The issues I witness, was a brand new ally trailer that was scrubbing tires out every 10,000km due to the axle not being positioned right.

Even more recently, a friend has a brand new f440 with wiring issues throughout the trailer. He also has a crack in his gunnel rail on his boat only after a few outings.

The tyres are shit chinese things named something like swipperywlendry but other than that my trailer has been really good..........the ally keeps it relatively light and easy to clean.................no cracking anywhere on mine so far.
    Cheers

I've had no issues with my Quintrex alloy trailer.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Darren