Thread: New tinnie recommendations

New tinnie recommendations

Hi guys
    Looking to buy a new tinnie, looking for something thats bass/bream style suited thats got a decent front and rear casting deck that can hold a 90-115hp motor, always can pull a skier or tube if needed. What are some decent boats out there at the moment? Cheers

Re: New tinnie recommendations

Clark Dominator

Must be a thousand boats that will fit your intended use, probably best to do a bit of googling, then a few trips to various dealers.

One thing that came to mind was this https://www.barcrusher.com.au/models/535xs/

Seen the dominators and barcrushers, there not bad but they dont have rear casting decks and i dont want the anchor well up front, only few boats i've found are the trophy hornet, tabs wildfisher and a few of the bluefin models that suit what i want

Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky89 View Post
    Seen the dominators and barcrushers, there not bad but they dont have rear casting decks and i dont want the anchor well up front, only few boats i've found are the trophy hornet, tabs wildfisher and a few of the bluefin models that suit what i want
    Bluefin boats are Gold Coast built and can be customised to a certain degree, Iv had a great run from mine and would recommend one , the Aluvans look good as well . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Bluefin boats are Gold Coast built and can be customised to a certain degree, Iv had a great run from mine and would recommend one , the Aluvans look good as well . Matt
    What model bluefin you got? I've been looking at the firecat

New tinnie recommendations

I have had my 4.5 mt predator for 13 yrs mate , it has a 60 hp mariner with over 900 hrs on it now and has traveled an unbelievable amount of kms now . The only problem I have had is with the floor needing to be replaced but I till love my boat and would be hard pressed to change . Matt

The wildcat is a good looking boat as well I personally don't like my casting deck up under the gunnels as I like to be sure I am going to stay in the boat when chasing mackerel and Tuna , Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky89 View Post
    Hi guys
    Looking to buy a new tinnie, looking for something thats bass/bream style suited thats got a decent front and rear casting deck that can hold a 90-115hp motor, always can pull a skier or tube if needed. What are some decent boats out there at the moment? Cheers
    Bit out of left field and not tin but quieter with a better ride and just as tough if not tougher. Casting platforms aren't hard to fab up.

http://www.polycraft.com.au/model-ra...by/frontrunner

I personally don't quite see a huge benefit in having a casting deck with zero freeboard, but it seems to be the rage.