Thread: Maroochy river ozday

Maroochy river ozday

Snuck out for a few hours to finish off ozday ....Water was really warm....weather perfect.....everyone gone home by the time i got down there...
    Into the creeks looking for some mullet and they were there in massive schools.....come up the creek and it was like a hailstorm of mullet lol one cast was 50 odd mullet i was thinking this looks good
    Back down to my jack spot with the tide still running the wrong way i just pulled up short till the tide changed ...baits in the water a min and zzzzzz im on ....well you can stop now.....how about now......nope.....ping goes the 80 pound braid ....ummm ok shark no1
    30 mins later and i am over in my spot and the tide has stopped and turned and im on ....just managed to keep him off the snags and in comes a nice 55cm jack
    Couple of mins and im on again big time and it jumps omg one of those fish that dont come this far south...4 or 5 big jumps and he has me on the snags and gone.."insert swear words here" thank god its not 1st of feb lol
    On again in mins ....zing into the snags and probably nice jack gone.....
    Repeat above.......ffs
    Off again and its a friggn 5 foot shark jumping lol did three big jump heading right towards a couple of guys in a really small tinny near me....frigging jumps almost lands in the little tinny and busts the line on their anchor rope...wtf .....

That was it bite gone in under an hour but holy crap it was crazy.. maybe i will be out tonight Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ozdayjack.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	115127

Re: Maroochy river ozday

Good stuff. River seems like a desert whenever I fish it - on lures that is.

Re: Maroochy river ozday

Thanks for the report.

I have only just started fishing the area so good to hear that such a beautiful and varied river system actually holds some fish. Sounds like I need to venture a bit further into the creeks.

Hope to see you out there sometime,

Dave