Thread: Woodgate from the beach

Woodgate from the beach

G'day ausfishers. I am in Woodgate for a few days and would love to know what to catch and where for a shore based angler.
    I am
    On crutches so rock climbing etc is outta the question but preferable somewhere I can drive down to (4WD) and just park up and fish.
    I fished up near "Russel's Rest" last week in some good looking gutters and turmoiled waters but not even a bite in 4 hours.
    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Newby

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Re: Woodgate from the beach

Mate,

I've always found it harder going this time of year.

Rather than fish out the front, I'd consider giving Theodolite a go. You can get almost to the creek's edge in your 4wd. If you can get your hands on some livies, fish for flatties. You can also do the same up the other end at the mouth of the Burrum, near the boat ramp. I reckon you may have more luck in the creeks than out the front right now.

Also try for whiting on the bend of the beach (mouth of the Burrum) with worms if you can get some. You can drive right around there.

Cuzza

Cheers Cuzza.

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD KICKING, SCREAMING AND COVERED IN SOMEONE ELSES BLOOD. I HAVE NO PROBLEM GOING OUT THE SAME WAY.
    NEWBY T.G.

Welcome back Newby!!!

Try up around the Walkers Point boat ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by lethal098 View Post
    Welcome back Newby!!!
    Cheers Leeroy.

NEWBY T.G.

I've fished out the front many times and never missed pulling shark. Got a Spaniard one day as well. 12ft overhead rod, long cast with a full squid or mullet and it's a picture to see their faces when I drag one through the early morning swimmers

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Big Grunter used to run up at the black banks towards the mouth from Walkers Point on the big tides this time of year. Bit hard to get to on crutches but if they ran around the black banks pretty sure they would also run in the gutter out from North Shore which is pretty easy to get to in 4WD. Just don't try to drive from North Shore camp grounds round to Black banks as it used to be pretty treacherous once you hit the area with the mud and weed. Beach pretty sweet to drive on from Woodgate up to North Shore though or can drive through the Park to get there. Seen some nice grunter pulled out of North Shore gutter after big fresh in the nets.
    THE POOR MAN ALWAYS PAYS TWICE