Thread: Fish Finder - Custom Install Bracket?

Fish Finder - Custom Install Bracket?

Hi all,

I have an imported Tahoe Q4 Sport and i would like to get a fish finder installed in this boat. The back of the Transom is curved, and the previous installer i sent the boat to wouldn't install it due to the transom being curved and also how the boat sits on the trailer skids he was worried i would easily knock it off when trying to retrieve the boat or drive onto the trailer at the ramp.

I spoke with Garmin and they mentioned an experienced installer should be able to make a custom bracket for the boat and create a quick release so the transducer can be removed prior to driving onto the ramp. This would allow me to use the transom mount transducer that comes in the box, and save $900 buying a thru-hull style transducer.

I have spoken to Spiro over at Blue Bottle Fishing in Dural, but would like to get a few comparative quotes for this type of install. Does anyone know of any other experienced installers based on my current situation?

I have included a picture showing the back of the boat for your reference.

Boat1.jpg

Re: Fish Finder - Custom Install Bracket?

So the surface of the hull that the stern drive leg protrudes from is curved or the back of the "pods" either side of the stern drive is curved?

Can you take a photo looking across the hull level with where the drive exits - might give us a better idea.

Google comes up with a few suggestions.
    Even if it did have a curve you should be able to shim it.

http://forums.iboats.com/filedata/fe...8&d=1400608799

Quote Originally Posted by cwcarter View Post
    Google came up with this.
    Even if it did have a curve you should be able to shim it.

Attachment 115712
    Link not working for me unfortunately...