Thread: Cruise Craft EX575 Fresh Water System

Cruise Craft EX575 Fresh Water System

Hi Guys
    Can anyone shed some light on the best way to get 50L+ fresh water on board?
    I've purchased a bladder, but not sure if the Port battery needs to be moved?
    There is a factory option, but I'm scared to ask how much it will cost. Maybe someone can share how theirs is set up?
    Thanks
    Dan.

Cruise Craft EX575 Fresh Water System

What's the trim like under normal conditions? 2/ or 4/ donk, or, how heavy is your donk? Do people sit on the rear lounge a lot? If the battery you mention is the 2nd battery at the transom, don't think that's a good place to add another 50kg Dan.

Don't know this model, but the bladders I have seen in bigger CC's (and mine) have been in the side pocket area around midships.

However, as most std bladders are designed to lay flat, when you tilt them on the side (ie to fit in the fwd side pockets), it is impossible to use all the 50L due to the air trapped in the high part. What about the various shaped & size plastic tanks available from various manufacturers, have you checked these out?
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Cruise Craft EX575 Fresh Water System

I Put Mine under one of the bunk seats in the cabin.
    The other side has spare reef picks and chain stc so weight is pretty good.

20 ltr jerry cans (ones for water ) work great and if you fit them right you can get them out to clean every now and then. Buy the ones with two screw caps use one to fill and one for the plumbing.

BigE

Haigh brand from auto barn.

Have a CC 625 Outsider with two batteries on the shelf on the starboard side and a 40 litre bladder screwed down on the port side along with the two stroke oil bottle. Boat sits flat. Plenty of beam and super stable back there rather than being on the side of the midships vee i.e. side leverage avoided. Have a pump and valves for fresh or saltwater via the deckwash - standard CC set-up and works perfectly as you would expect from this manufacturer. As Brendon says, it was common to locate the bladder in the recess beside the port navigator seat. But in my case, wife was not going to have a "blue bag" ruining the look of the boat. It was a good call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantren View Post
    Hi Guys
    Can anyone shed some light on the best way to get 50L+ fresh water on board?
    I've purchased a bladder, but not sure if the Port battery needs to be moved?
    There is a factory option, but I'm scared to ask how much it will cost. Maybe someone can share how theirs is set up?
    Thanks
    Dan.

Thanks guys.
    I've been using a jerry can to date, but I think I'll get the factory to install one. Might just have to save up for it.
    One thing I noticed when I purchased the boat was a new hull isn't that dear - it's all the options that add up quickly.