Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1770 Raid

Re: 1770 Raid

G'day Sam. I spoke to Al about the rails when getting the boat built. My original idea was to not have any rails as I thought they would interfere with reels sitting in the holders. Al convinced me to put them on and apart from a quick discussion on where they would be situated, I left it to Al and Tim to work out where they would go. I am glad I listened to them. I now love the rails and would not have the boat without them. They are really great for helping maintain balance on the deck on those sloppy days and I only have a couple of older short stroker style rods where the reels sit at a level that the handles come into contact with the rails.

I'm pretty sure that all his latest boats have the same rails set up on them. I had a look at the boat just delivered to Toby up at Hervey Bay and it did have the same rail set up as mine.

cheers

Jeff

thanks short fuse I run a voyager625 with mercury 115 for average of 50kmspeed for 1.15km per litres about the same as yours thanks tony

Quote Originally Posted by Short Fuse View Post
    G'day Sam. I spoke to Al about the rails when getting the boat built. My original idea was to not have any rails as I thought they would interfere with reels sitting in the holders. Al convinced me to put them on and apart from a quick discussion on where they would be situated, I left it to Al and Tim to work out where they would go. I am glad I listened to them. I now love the rails and would not have the boat without them. They are really great for helping maintain balance on the deck on those sloppy days and I only have a couple of older short stroker style rods where the reels sit at a level that the handles come into contact with the rails.

I'm pretty sure that all his latest boats have the same rails set up on them. I had a look at the boat just delivered to Toby up at Hervey Bay and it did have the same rail set up as mine.

cheers

Jeff
    Jeff,
    Alan says G'day, I saw him this morning to pick up an item and there happened to be another boat there he was modifying for auto pilot and it had the rails, he says pretty standard now and every one is happy with them, I had him modify the seat boxes for my boat last year, an Allison, and since then he's sold a dozen in that configuration. Alan always incorporates new ideas in his boats.

I saw Toby's boat a week before he finished it but at that stage he hadn't finished with the SS work and I was going away for a month and Tim was off on a holiday with his girlfriend.

I'm trying to convince the boss to upgrade to a Sea Trek but as it doesn't have a toilet she isn't too interested but talking with Alan and Tim this morning that may just happen in the next boat.

First of all though I have to stop the missus booking trips away as that's usually when the weather and fishing come good, like now for instance and we're off again ( told her divorce is in the wind if she keeps this up).

Cheers, Sam

PS: Alan reckons you will get better fuel economy out of a pair of 115HP Yammys

Cracker trip Jeff. Trips and reports like that keep us keen.

Great report Jeff. I'm looking forward to autumn and winter for a lot more of these trips !

Well done mate, Were you in fitzy lagoon on the thurs night, We had engine drama's so just hung around fitzroy sykes and bagged some nice fish.

Brilliant report!

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

Hi FC. Yeah, we got to the lagoon just after dark and managed to find a nice gap between the already anchored boats. Good to hear that you guys also got into some nice fish.

Back this morning from another quick trip up there with a few boats from the PBA club. The fishing was a lot tougher this time, and the sharks really toweled us up on Thursday morning. I think they were out enjoying an Aussie Day picnic at our expense.

cheers

Jeff