Thread: Mercury 135 hp four stroke

Mercury 135 hp four stroke

Hi all, after any performance info on these motors from any owners on here if possible.There seems to be some confusion out there about max rpm for this motor. All Mercury written data says 5800rpm where as their web site says 5300rpm. Would also like to hear what pitch prop, wot speed, boat type and fuel burn. Any and all information very much appreciated. Rob.

Re: Mercury 135 hp four stroke

Hows the new boat going?????

Sorry bit of a side question.
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Mate, love it. Still mucking around with motor height and props. Very impressed with the hull in the Moreton Bay slop. Got most everything on it working now, been running around the bay with the zipwakes on auto and the auto pilot steering, different but all seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by robcam View Post
    Hi all, after any performance info on these motors from any owners on here if possible.There seems to be some confusion out there about max rpm for this motor. All Mercury written data says 5800rpm where as their web site says 5300rpm. Would also like to hear what pitch prop, wot speed, boat type and fuel burn. Any and all information very much appreciated. Rob.

5300rpm is the max for the 135hp – 150hp is 5800

Running a 14.5 x 17p enertia prop on a 5.4 Haines Sig 540f
    2.3 km/per L @ 3800rpm smooth waters
    70kph flat stick @ 5270
    Prop hub has just been changed due to prop chatter at idle - good now.

Quote Originally Posted by banksmister View Post
    5300rpm is the max for the 135hp – 150hp is 5800

Running a 14.5 x 17p enertia prop on a 5.4 Haines Sig 540f
    2.3 km/per L @ 3800rpm smooth waters
    70kph flat stick @ 5270
    Prop hub has just been changed due to prop chatter at idle - good now.
    mate, thanks for that, this kind of real world info is invaluable.

was a good looking boat once done, she is a very kitted out boat that's for sure!

Im sure the auto pilot would come in handy though on some days!
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

Free Membership

I have the 150hp with the same 3.0L block. I am getting +2km/L pushing a 6.6m glass boat. the fuel consumption by L/km doesn't seem to change too much over the rev range either. If I cruise at 40km its about 18L and hour and if I cruise at 60km its about 30L an hour. 17 inch enertia. brilliant performance, huge torque, top speed 78kmh. best part is the service cost. I have had it serviced 3 times and never paid more than $330.