Thread: Yamba fishing tips

Yamba fishing tips

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some basic tips for fishing Yamba. I'm heading down there tomorrow with my 3 young fellas and need all the help I can get. I've fished there once before and caught nothing. There's a heap of rain forecast for tomorrow so I'm guessing the flat head and muddies might fire up after that, but I'd love one or two spots that I can take the kids offshore (not too far) and hopefully get em onto their first decent fish. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if someone can tell me what might be biting down that way at the moment. I've got a 5m centre console and we will be camping at the Blue Dolphin. Cheers fellas

Re: Yamba fishing tips

Try drifting down the middle wall caught plenty of decent flathead an whitting about 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

normally loads of flathead along the shallow side of the middle wall - western end near gap in wall.
    The deeper side is good at night for jew,flathead,big bream, pretty much everything lives along there.
    Always a few whiting off whiting beach also
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Thanks heaps fellas. I appreciate the help. I'll give it a crack over the next couple of days. The bloke at the BP tackle shop suggested using mullet and beach worms, is that the go?

Pump some yabbies plenty along the river, sandbanks and island fringes and it's fun for the kids.

Sent from my Pixel using Ausfish mobile app