Thread: Seats in boat

Seats in boat

I am looking at putting the original seats back in my boat I recently purchased as it has home made frames to fit eskys under them that don't suit my needs, I have the original seats with the boat. I have fitted the ski seat back in but the driver's seat I think it's missing parts can anyone tell me if there is normally a sleeve or bearing between the 2 metal tubes that makes it swivel, it also looks like I am missing a screw/bolt from the side.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Seats in boat

There is usually no bearing or sleeve it just spins on the tube. The bolt missing is the adjustment handle which tightens the seat to the tube to stop it swivelling.

Cheers it just seems like it won't spin real easy metal on Metal, but I don't know what the seat looked like original

Some do have a plastic bushing to stop the metal binding but not all. If it is tight in the housing - not rocking around then it doesn't have one and you need to keep the post top lubricated. There is usually a knob assembly to lock the seat and stop it rotating.

Cheers Scott I'll have a good look see what I need to do to get it working right

Here are some pics of mine which are similar , Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks Matt I looked at these at BCF today I see Whitworths have them to I think they will fit in my exisiting screw holes in boat I have to measure though but they all seem to be 230mm with 6 holes, I think k I would need the new pedistool and screw it to the base of my seat will go check them out and make surr