Thread: Son's First Murray Cod Encounter

Ausfish Silver Member

Son's First Murray Cod Encounter

We ventured down to Glen Lyon Dam area with the kayaks. Intending to fish the dam but spent most of the time on the rivers. Stayed at the Glen Lyon Tourist Park. Great park. Brian and Debbie great host- got us sorted.

Bryce was in a Viking lite 400. Myself- a Stealth 4.7 metre surffisha ( fibreglass /rudder)- probably spent more time lifting her thru the shallows/ rapids to avoid damage than on the paddle The aim was to get my son, ( Bryce ) on to is first Murray Cod. Trying out his new bait caster outfit. He got four. We got several cod in total. On spinner baits, surface lures or small minnows eg bass vipers. Beautiful country- handsome fish. All fish released.

We kayak fished the dam once for a few hits but no fish. Bryce, got blow away lure casting one evening from the bank near the boat ramp.

A huge thank you to Brian and Debbie for looking after us and making our trip so memorable. Heaps wildlife/birds- from the very docile roos /joeys around the camp to goats, deer, and sole boar out and about.

Some photos attached.

Cheers,

Lew

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0764.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	115073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0760.jpg 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	115072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0756.jpg 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	115074

Re: Son's First Murray Cod Encounter

Great report ,the young fella looks way happy as does the more mature one great looking scenery as well,thanks Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Re: Son's First Murray Cod Encounter

Magic looking spot! Nice fish, congrats!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ausfish mobile app