Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: +6m Yalta Craft boats

Free Membership

+6m Yalta Craft boats

Hi guys. This is just a quick post for anyone who is looking at buying a new +6m glass boat.

I was in the market for a long time and ended up buying a Yalta Craft 2200 Fisherman (6.6m). I really love the boat and I have had in about 2 years now and use it for mostly game fishing. Its powered by a new 150 merc 4 stroke which performs great and was recommended by the boat builder The whole rig cost me $48,000 for the boat, motor, trailer and all the fit out, safety gear etc etc. I bought my own sounders for another $2000 and spent $2500 on a stainless bimini. without a doubt I think this is the best value glass boat on the market. I have no affiliation at all with Yalta Craft but when I was looking at boats they were hardly ever mentioned and i just stumbled across them really, so I just thought I would share my own experience as it might help someone else. They are made in Gympie too and i purchsed it from "The Boat Place". If anyone was is in the market for this kind of boat i am happy to answer questions about mine. I am from Victoria but I have only ever seen 3 yalta craft in my whole life. They probably are not as polished as a haines hunter, but for saving +$30,000 i was happy enough with that decision. Plus I have never seen a glass boat with this much fishing room. it feels like you are in a fibreglass version of a yellowfin 7400.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: +6m Yalta Craft boats

How much is the BMT weight with full fuel and all your usual gear on board? Sounds like a very good price for a new glass boat of that size.

Yaltas have always been a good value for dollar package. They just don't bother with all the little finishing touches that add a lot of fit out time and thus cost. As a dollar conscious way of getting a new offshore capable rig they would be hard to beat.

How does the longevity of the hulls compare to the other, more common brands? They hold up alright, no cracks in the gel coat appearing?

Free Membership

It is just under 2 tonne BMT and fuel. with gear it might push over 2 slightly. But it doesnt have the breakaway system, so was built to be under the 2t mark.

Free Membership

Seems fine to me. I bought mine from "the boat place" which is the same location they are built so I was able to see some that were half finished. The workmanship is great. The hull is as good as it was when i bought it. I only have some gel coat cracking on the bottom of the fiberglass seats which is to be expected because of the flex. apart from that, good as gold.

Seriously good handling boat. Surprised me just how good they were. Check out this guy he drives them very hard.

Brett

Free Membership

I Actually watched that video before I bought it, not that that was the buying point for me haha. the only thing I changed on mine was in the cabin up the top there is a small compartment which has a drainage hole if you ever get water in that very front section of the cabin. when you have a lot of bloody water down the back of the boat it can slosh up the front and stink out the cabin. I fibreglassed over the hole and fixed that issue.

1.5 metres hey.

Free Membership

Yeah I thought that as well!

[QUOTE=scottar;1625898]1.5 metres hey.[/QU

There is a thread on the forum for Yalta owners mate.
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...a+craft+owners
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    1.5 metres hey.
    Those Mexicans must measure their wave height by wrapping the tape around the wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    Those Mexicans must measure their wave height by wrapping the tape around the wave!

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Either that or they use a specially calibrated measure to ease inadequacy issues.

Not too sure any cracking is "to be expected" of it was new, and it has started to crack, I would be getting them to fix it, thousands of boats have seats and are not cracked....

They also make a damn good pie