Thread: Buying interstate

Buying interstate

Good day everyone.

I need some advice on buying a boat interstate from Victoria to NSW
    Is there a service which they buy the boat on my behalf safely then I arrange transport.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
    Bill

Sent from my SM-G935F using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Buying interstate

I would just either fly down, then hire a car and buy the boat in person, after test drives and so on, or, if it's out away from the airport a bit, just drive down, then worry about transport that you can arrange before the sale.

Thx for your reply

Where is the boat? have you actually seen it in person? There is a few Victorians here that might be able to help out if it's reasonably close by to them!

I have seen it via pictures on ebay. Im sending for a boat inspection today.
    I might head down on Wednesday for half a day. Cant get away much.
    Thanks for all your help

No way, no how I would buy a boat off eBay from photos, I don't care who inspected it, or what the "report" said, I would want to see it in person and take it for a decent test, not just a 2 minute run on the hose in the driveway......

Ouch.....thats a high risk strategy for making a purchase.....without knowing the age,type, and condition of the boat involved, the price you are paying,who is doing the inspection, its hard to comment much....but digital photos can be very misleading. Noelm is pretty much on the money.....second hand... you cant afford not to be cautious...

There is a company called protecti. They are a holding company for these types of transactions. The bloke that bought my boat wanted to use them but I talked him into flying down. inspecting the boat and doing rego changes all happened the day he came and his transport company picked up the boat that afternoon. Felt a lot more comfortable doing it that way

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

with airfares and car rental as low as they are it is probably cheaper to fly down and look for yourself than pay someone else to do it for you. Having said that where is the boat? If its not too far away I'm happy to swing by and have a look.

Thanks everyone for all your help. I'll be flying down on Wednesday to check it out.
    I think all of you were right.
    Thanks again

Wise move I think.