Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: +6m Yalta Craft boats

Re: +6m Yalta Craft boats

Yatala mate.

Free Membership

It's not cracking as such, you can just see lines in the gelcoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Not too sure any cracking is "to be expected" of it was new, and it has started to crack, I would be getting them to fix it, thousands of boats have seats and are not cracked....

Lines in gelcoat = cracks yes/no?

Don't worry about nolem mate, he always finds something to frown about.
    I have a Yalta, I think it's great.

Thanks
    Rob

I am sure your Yalta is the best boat ever made, never said any different, but, to say cracks are to be expected needs some clearing up, haven't seen the boat, don't know if it's cracked or not, can only go by what's written here, just like everyone else, including maybe someone who might be thinking about buying one, and could be turned away because of a cracking seat!! just want info, if it's a new boat, it needs to be fixed if that's the case.

Free Membership

There is no cracking at all noel. poor choice of words. There are a couple of lines in the gel coat where the stainless screws go through the seat and into the floor. There is no problem and nothing to be fixed. The boat is +2 years old and has done +300 hours off offshore fishing so a couple of lines in the gelcoat on a seat, (where there is flex) I am not getting worried about.

The quality of the boat is fantastic and If people are interested in buying one they should fly to brisbane and look at one first hand before buying it - like I did. I hope this clears up any confusion. I think we would all appreciate it if you didn't go down the rather unnessesary path of "I am sure the yalta is the best boat in the world" type comments. As no one, especially me has ever suggested that and this is not a chest beating thread. It makes you sound like you are just looking for an argument - But I am sure you have better things to do with your day and I am mistaken. I only posted it for those who may be in the market for a new boat and have not considered this option. good day sir

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I am sure your Yalta is the best boat ever made, never said any different, but, to say cracks are to be expected needs some clearing up, haven't seen the boat, don't know if it's cracked or not, can only go by what's written here, just like everyone else, including maybe someone who might be thinking about buying one, and could be turned away because of a cracking seat!! just want info, if it's a new boat, it needs to be fixed if that's the case.

Yep one of the most underrated boats on the market. I had a 555 for 9 years and did everything in it. I wish I never sold it now.

We don't have enough companies making cheaper boating alternative in glass.

Id be interested to know if the glass layup schedule is a cheaper option compared to others though? are they all chopper gunned? not much info on their website

Free Membership

You should speak to george at the boat place as he is the one who builds them and can tell you all the details on the glass work. Although I did see one half finished and was really impressed with the amount of glass in it and the build quality. I honestly think the reason they are cheap is that George pretty much builds the whole thing by himself in a couple of sheds on a block of land. They clearly dont spend much money on advertising or their website either. They are sold at the boat place, which is also where they are made so less mark up as well. The fit out is pretty basic too compared to other boats that have lots and lots of little extra bits and pieces. The cabin design does look a bit dated but I kinda like it. Mine is only used for game fishing so it sees some rough stuff and its great.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    We don't have enough companies making cheaper boating alternative in glass.

Id be interested to know if the glass layup schedule is a cheaper option compared to others though? are they all chopper gunned? not much info on their website

You can read where I hijacked the Yalta thread when I bought mine new in 2009. I can't believe the boat is already 7y/Old. I still love the boat and would not part with it for anything.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Ausfish mobile app

I haven't found George a good bloke to deal with honestly. I called up for a price on a new duck board, but never got a return phone call. I also called up for advice of the layout under the floor, and got no help. I know other who have tried to buy a new dash for there boat and he wasn't any help either.

Love my Yaltacraft, but George hasn't been the best to deal with for parts and service. I'm sure he'll be great if buying a new hull.

Mate he's probably too busy batching up more pies....

But seriously, I went waaaay offshore in a 555 up up at 1770 once in very very ordinary conditions and was well impressed how it went, pucnhed well above its weight that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Unicorn View Post
    Yep one of the most underrated boats on the market. I had a 555 for 9 years and did everything in it. I wish I never sold it now.
    Maybe you should take more time over your decisions instead of being impulsive!

Free Membership

Thats interesting. I actually emailed the other day about a new dash as im looking at changing my sounders and they are flush mounted. He replied pretty quick with a price. He was really good with me.

I drove up from victoria to get the boat and it was the same weekend as the boat show. I left vic before the boat was finished and when i got there the engine still hadn't arrived, freighter reckons it got lumped with ither stuff heading for the boat show. He drove 2 hours to brisbane to get it in his ute and worked non stop to get it finished. I hit the road home again at 9pm. So i can't fault him for that.

QUOTE=JulianDeMarchi;1626133]I haven't found George a good bloke to deal with honestly. I called up for a price on a new duck board, but never got a return phone call. I also called up for advice of the layout under the floor, and got no help. I know other who have tried to buy a new dash for there boat and he wasn't any help either.

Love my Yaltacraft, but George hasn't been the best to deal with for parts and service. I'm sure he'll be great if buying a new hull.[/QUOTE]