Thread: Boat transport from Perth to nth Qld

Boat transport from Perth to nth Qld

Hi Everyone,

As the title says I'd like to take my 4.5m tiny back home. Have made a few calls to get quotes, but thought there may be someone here who can help. I'd rather not sell it, but it ain't a cheap trip so that could be on the cards. Any ideas or contacts are welcome.

Thanks,
    Matt

Re: Boat transport from Perth to nth Qld

What about train? Being that size it might be an option, at least to get it to the east coast? but I am sure there would be transport trucks doing that trip pretty regularly.

Roadtrip........

Where in NQ, as I may be able to help.

TMC

Thanks guys.

Noelm, haven't looked at the train option yet but I will.

Scottar, that's one of my backup plans, only problem is I could be stuck over there for about six months before I get the chance to drive it over. North qld without a boat = torture. Just out of interest, google maps says it's a 56hr drive!

Hi TMC, I need to get the boat to Townsville, but could pick it up from somewhere further south if needed. Please pm me if you can help.

Thanks,
    Matt

Yeah. I took a week stopping in Bremer Bay, Esperance, Border Village, Streaky Bay, Whyalla (via Port Lincoln), Cobar and finally to Brisbane. It's a big trip and there is at least one town that should be seen at the speed limit or better.

I put my same size boat amd trailer on Corden Transport Perth depot to Brisbane depot and it was about $1400 4 or 5 years ago. Hope that helps.

Google up about backloads out of Perth.

Many years ago I moved an 8 metre platey from Perth to Melbourne and went through the same review process regarding transport companies, trains etc.

When I asked transport companies about backload possibility they said yes but it would be on a low priority out of their yard, the boat arrived in Melbourne a few days later.

Back loading is not widely advertised as they seek full transport rates where they can, but if you search for it you can get very cheap backload rates out of WA.

Darren

Was yours that one on Outback Truckers? Haha.

Thanks for your input everyone. Spoke to Corden Transport today. They quoted $1450 Perth to Brisbane depot to depot. It goes into a shipping container and goes via train. Thanks for the recommendation Lindropper. Much appreciated.

Yep, train is good, as long as the boat is not too big.

That sounds like a good deal Matt. Happy to pick it up for you and then meet in Rocky one weekend for the hand over. Your shout in Rocky though!

Thanks everyone for your input.

Dave, if we met in Rocky we could spend the weekend chasing a Barra.

Tmc, thanks for providing the quote on transport, much appreciated. I'd recommend anyone looking to do something similar contact StickLizard transport for a quote.

Now I just need to decide on which option to take.

Cheers