Thread: what sounder?

what sounder?

hi everyone looking a buying a second sounder. i currently have a elite 7 which i will keep and use for maps. new sounder will be for fish finder im looking at spending around $1500 and i also want it to be able to connect too my suzuki 140. and a easy to use unit. so do i go with the new elite ti, garmin or new simrad?

Re: what sounder?

Garmin 95sv would do all that you want they get heaps of comments?

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    560c Bar Crusher "Overtime"

do you no if the stock transducer is good or is it worth upgrading

Where do you fish, where are you?
    What could go wrong.......................

good point im in victoria so fish port welshpool out into bass straight and a few trips to portland and merimbula

when...........................are you looking to upgrade. ?

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Also take into account what it is you are wanting to achieve with connection to the Suzuki. Do you already have the necessary adapters (if required), engine interface and NMEA 2000 network. If you don't they will significantly eat into your budget unless you are happy to do it later on. With the Lowrance and Simrad you will also need a memory module for fuel management if you want it. The Garmin fuel management is usually inbuilt.

fuel flow is definitely something i want. the 1500ish is just sounder. when do i want it their no rush if their is something worth waiting for. what are you thinking moose?

well miami boat show is coming up soon. and with that usually means new models from various brands. not saying you HAVE too wait.. or even if they will release anything. but if you are in no crazy rush... its not that far away .

otherwise the elite 7ti will futureproof you to a good point

Moose

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au

Free Membership

It depends what you want to use it for. Elite TI with totalscan transducer are great value. if you want to go game fishing though you will need more power like a HDS.