Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for Another Boat

Re: Time for Another Boat

I feel like I'm talking to myself here lol and sorry if I I'm being a pain, but yet to find something that grabs me.

Can anyone give me any feedback on these boats please - http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...s=~LastUpdated

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterpig View Post
    I feel like I'm talking to myself here lol and sorry if I I'm being a pain, but yet to find something that grabs me.

Can anyone give me any feedback on these boats please - http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...s=~LastUpdated
    I would prefer on a tandem trailer but if those hours and description are accurate seems good buying

Quote Originally Posted by bden View Post
    I would prefer on a tandem trailer but if those hours and description are accurate seems good buying
    Funny I just rang him and asked that exact question and he said that his driveway was unsuitable for a tandem so he had the single made accordingly for the boat. He is the one and only owner, bought it from new.

Am still looking for a boat as not in a hurry so am being fussy.

Have just found a 2010 Tournament 1750 Tournament and looks very clean and at a good price, but I know nothing whatsoever about them.

Can anyone help me out as to their handling capabilities on the water etc as am curious how they ride and at rest please.

Thanks

Time for Another Boat

I've never been out on a tournament boat, but a few months ago while at Moreton Island I ran into a bloke with one. Can't remember the size, but had a really good look over it and a very long chat. They appear to be a very nice unit - well made. The owner was very impressed with its ride and capabilities.

If I was up for a new boat they would be on the list to look closer at.

I'm a Seafarer man but would have a look at these if I couldn't find a Seafarer.

Good luck hunting, but your doing the right thing by taking your time waiting for the RIGHT one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a 2004 1750 Tournament with a 100hp Yamaha 4str. I have a mate who has a Seafarer Viking and he commented how similar the 2 boats are. The ride is good with good stability at rest. Alright in the bay until it gets over a metre of chop, it handles it but gets a bit bangy (I think any 17 1/2ft boat would have the same problem). I have no qualms taking it out deep dropping off Moreton or fishing out of 1770 in the Bunker Group. Mine has a 90lt underfloor fuel tank and I have a range of about 180klm. Crusing speed at 4300rpm is 23mph. I am selling mine to downgrade to a tinny for $20k to give you some sort of indicator of price (3yr trailer, new GME VHF radio, Garmin 70DV sounder/GPS, Hummingbird 785c2 GPS).